Logan Ratifies Contract

Started by Buzz, December 10, 2013, 01:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Logan bus employees passed their contract, 249 to 36. I understand it's similar to ours ... with one big exception. They're giving up 2 days of accrual for every week. But then, they don't have an Ernie.  :wink1:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

worker341

This is what happens when you have separate contracts. Employers are going to compete for worse contracts not better contracts. People read between the lines we will get screwed the next contract for sure. When will we ever learn to unit, I think maybe it is to late for all of 1181 members.

Squid

Worker341. The question is not if we get screwed on the next contract. The problem is that after June 2015 there may not be a next contract. All of our work is out for bids right now, without the EPP.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on December 10, 2013, 03:49:49 AM
This is what happens when you have separate contracts. Employers are going to compete for worse contracts not better contracts. People read between the lines we will get screwed the next contract for sure. When will we ever learn to unit, I think maybe it is to late for all of 1181 members.

And more than likely we ALL would have gotten the same contract Atlantic was offered, since in the past, it was their lead that was followed.

Buzz

Quote from: Squid on December 10, 2013, 04:32:25 AM
Worker341. The question is not if we get screwed on the next contract. The problem is that after June 2015 there may not be a next contract. All of our work is out for bids right now, without the EPP.

Exactly. But I think no matter how many times it's spelled out, some people just refuse to see the handwriting on the wall.

Stugots

Worker 341, I agree with you, once you negotiate separately you lose all your power.  If you have a strike you will be only one company at a time,  when you had 27 companies striking you still had buses going out from different unions.  The union lost all its power by doing this.