Say It Isn't True!

Started by John Eadicicco, December 10, 2013, 04:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eadicicco

Received a phone call tonite from a former 1181 driver, ( retiree) told me that 1181 was dropping his prescription plan and eyeglass coverage. I pray this is a mistake!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzz

Unfortunately it is true that prescription drug coverage was dropped and we can thank OBAMACARE. There can be no cap under Obamacare and for retirees the cap was $1000 so they had no choice but to do away with the coverage. (Retirees never had eyeglasses.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Golfnut

It just keeps getting worse and worse !!!  :thumbdown: >:(

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on December 10, 2013, 05:30:47 PM
It just keeps getting worse and worse !!!  :thumbdown: >:(

And with Obamacare it's going to keep getting worse!

J.T.

It's getting better and better

mirrorcheck

To those that voted for the current second termer you got what you wanted!
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Rock Steady

Listen to what I'm saying, and take note.  The Union will allow the contractors to drop their health care and force us to go under Obama Care.  I know shop stewards said "No, no. we're union and we have a contract". You heard it here first, or you saw the writing on the wall.  It's gonna happen, we will be sold out "AGAIN". 

grimreaper

I agree.  The contractors do as they please, And the union does nothing but collect the dues every week.

1union

Stop blaming the union and stand up and say enough already. Nobody likes what goes on but when its time to speak up everyone s answer is its  not gonna change and do for the office all day even when we got guys getting screwed in a hearing.So keep using cell phones cover work and ask if the bus wash is open, that will show them. Lol We are only as strong in unity. So let's get a backbone and say enough already set am example for the new guys on how a union operates.

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 14, 2013, 11:01:24 AM
We are only as strong in unity. So let's get a backbone and say enough already set am example for the new guys on how a union operates.

Keeping in mind that there will soon be yet another couple-thousand qualified out-of-work 1181 members to replace us, what do you suggest?

PROUD MEMBER

As unfortunate as it is the truth is that apparently by June of 2015 there may no longer be a Local 1181. If their is we will ALL probably be working for $15.00 p/HR and have no medical. Our only hope is Mayor DeBlasio so start writing your letters ASAP. FOR THOSE OF U WHO THINK THAT WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE STOP COMPLAINING & GIVE US A BETTER IDEA.

1union

In my opinion go to PTA meeting s ,local pol and anyone else who will listen. Try and organize and get has many drivers we can go to city hall and get our story told! What's happening to us is criminal.

Buzz

Bloomberg getting a third term is what was really "criminal."

1union

Yes I do agree!  Let's hope Deblazio keeps his word we need him ASAP!

terminator

I wouldnt bank on ANY politician keeping their word!  :rolleyes: