back pay

Started by yabba, December 12, 2013, 04:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

i guess its safe to say we wont be getting backpay before new years..all is quiet...

mirrorcheck

unf*cking real....so tired of these petty games.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

worker341

If people knew this before the vote I bet the yes votes would have been alot lower. Again more bullshit and I wonder what the next contract holds for us start packing up people its time to go or vote no on the next contract let this one be a lesson to all of us, Vote no!

Rock Steady

With it taking this long, the interest should have been included. . . . . . or maybe it should be included now !

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on December 14, 2013, 12:02:23 AM
If people knew this before the vote I bet the yes votes would have been alot lower. Again more bullshit and I wonder what the next contract holds for us start packing up people its time to go or vote no on the next contract let this one be a lesson to all of us, Vote no!

How did we NOT know this before the vote? The MOA clearly stated on the first page the 3 conditions that had to be met before back monies were paid. It did not say we would get our money 14 days after approval, but people read/hear what they want, not necessarily what was said. Sure we'd all like to have it sooner rather than later, but we're at the mercy of the NLRB and few things move slower than a government agency.

Instead of being thankful that we have a job to go back to on January 2, we sit here complaining about when we're getting our money when we have nearly 2000 brothers and sisters at Atlantic who, not only will never see their money, but come this day next week, will be without jobs. How petty must we seem to them? (And, how did voting "No" work out for them?) I guess it's a case of, "It isn't happening to me, so it isn't happening."
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Squid

Buzz, I give up trying to talk common sense to people. Some of these guys just refuse to wake up and smell the coffee.

Buzz

Quote from: Squid on December 14, 2013, 05:27:11 PM
Buzz, I give up trying to talk common sense to people. Some of these guys just refuse to wake up and smell the coffee.

I keep telling myself that I should give up too, but I guess I always hold out hope that I'll find the one way of putting it that might make them see the light. Oh well ...

PROUD MEMBER

Squid
Exactly what r u referring to when u say "common sense" and "wait up & smell the coffee"??

Goose623

Buzz would love to know what u think us drivers n union should do in the next year n half.. R we supposed to sit back n wait n c.. R we suppose to take a contract that pays 12 bucks an hour????

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on December 14, 2013, 07:08:37 PM
Buzz would love to know what u think us drivers n union should do in the next year n half.. R we supposed to sit back n wait n c.. R we suppose to take a contract that pays 12 bucks an hour????

Really, the only thing we can do is hope the union is successful in getting some form of EPP reinstated by June 2015. Without that, what recourse do we have? Go on strike? With several thousand unemployed members ready to replace us? You tell me what we should do.

Buzz

By the way, Boeing is considering moving from Washington state to a right-to-work state because it would be cheaper than meeting union demands. They refused a contract with a lot of give-backs, and apparently will have no job instead of a lesser job. Stuff like this is going on all around us, even in our own industry, example: Atlantic Express. A school bus driver is hardly an irreplaceable commodity.

yabba

the one and only person who could make some sense of all of this and give us some sort of hope is Sal. when we lost Sal that was the downfall of this whole union..

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 14, 2013, 10:17:12 PM
the one and only person who could make some sense of all of this and give us some sort of hope is Sal. when we lost Sal that was the downfall of this whole union..

You got that exactly right. And the ones who are crying the loudest now are the ones who worked hardest to "clean up" the union.

mirrorcheck

Buzz, I disagree re back pay. The owner could have cut us the checks as soon as he knew the vote was counted. Funny its still a one way street he sure as heck started taking the extra money in the medical on our checks, right?Forget what the NLRB and all that says. We have a contract. Why he can do what's morally right for his workers is beyond me. As far as other companies, I feel there pain, though now that companies are negotiating directly with there employees  we should just focus on what Pioneer offers or takes back etc, from us.  Worst part of all this is we hear nothing from anyone on this.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on December 15, 2013, 08:32:14 PM
Buzz, I disagree re back pay. The owner could have cut us the checks as soon as he knew the vote was counted. Funny its still a one way street he sure as heck started taking the extra money in the medical on our checks, right?Forget what the NLRB and all that says. We have a contract. Why he can do what's morally right for his workers is beyond me. As far as other companies, I feel there pain, though now that companies are negotiating directly with there employees  we should just focus on what Pioneer offers or takes back etc, from us.  Worst part of all this is we hear nothing from anyone on this.

Sorry, but we went the way of the NLRB and he's playing by their rules, as he should. Suppose they disagree with some of the figures? Suppose the amounts disbursed are incorrect? They have to approve the deal and the DoE has to get the OK from them to release the funds. Neil did what he was supposed to do and would be taking an unnecessary chance to do otherwise. And, by the way, he would like to have this matter settled and behind him as much as we would.

We hear nothing from anyone on what?