back pay

Started by yabba, December 12, 2013, 04:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

i guess its safe to say we wont be getting backpay before new years..all is quiet...

mirrorcheck

unf*cking real....so tired of these petty games.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

worker341

If people knew this before the vote I bet the yes votes would have been alot lower. Again more bullshit and I wonder what the next contract holds for us start packing up people its time to go or vote no on the next contract let this one be a lesson to all of us, Vote no!

Rock Steady

With it taking this long, the interest should have been included. . . . . . or maybe it should be included now !

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on December 14, 2013, 12:02:23 AM
If people knew this before the vote I bet the yes votes would have been alot lower. Again more bullshit and I wonder what the next contract holds for us start packing up people its time to go or vote no on the next contract let this one be a lesson to all of us, Vote no!

How did we NOT know this before the vote? The MOA clearly stated on the first page the 3 conditions that had to be met before back monies were paid. It did not say we would get our money 14 days after approval, but people read/hear what they want, not necessarily what was said. Sure we'd all like to have it sooner rather than later, but we're at the mercy of the NLRB and few things move slower than a government agency.

Instead of being thankful that we have a job to go back to on January 2, we sit here complaining about when we're getting our money when we have nearly 2000 brothers and sisters at Atlantic who, not only will never see their money, but come this day next week, will be without jobs. How petty must we seem to them? (And, how did voting "No" work out for them?) I guess it's a case of, "It isn't happening to me, so it isn't happening."
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Squid

Buzz, I give up trying to talk common sense to people. Some of these guys just refuse to wake up and smell the coffee.

Buzz

Quote from: Squid on December 14, 2013, 05:27:11 PM
Buzz, I give up trying to talk common sense to people. Some of these guys just refuse to wake up and smell the coffee.

I keep telling myself that I should give up too, but I guess I always hold out hope that I'll find the one way of putting it that might make them see the light. Oh well ...

PROUD MEMBER

Squid
Exactly what r u referring to when u say "common sense" and "wait up & smell the coffee"??

Goose623

Buzz would love to know what u think us drivers n union should do in the next year n half.. R we supposed to sit back n wait n c.. R we suppose to take a contract that pays 12 bucks an hour????

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on December 14, 2013, 07:08:37 PM
Buzz would love to know what u think us drivers n union should do in the next year n half.. R we supposed to sit back n wait n c.. R we suppose to take a contract that pays 12 bucks an hour????

Really, the only thing we can do is hope the union is successful in getting some form of EPP reinstated by June 2015. Without that, what recourse do we have? Go on strike? With several thousand unemployed members ready to replace us? You tell me what we should do.

Buzz

By the way, Boeing is considering moving from Washington state to a right-to-work state because it would be cheaper than meeting union demands. They refused a contract with a lot of give-backs, and apparently will have no job instead of a lesser job. Stuff like this is going on all around us, even in our own industry, example: Atlantic Express. A school bus driver is hardly an irreplaceable commodity.

yabba

the one and only person who could make some sense of all of this and give us some sort of hope is Sal. when we lost Sal that was the downfall of this whole union..

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 14, 2013, 10:17:12 PM
the one and only person who could make some sense of all of this and give us some sort of hope is Sal. when we lost Sal that was the downfall of this whole union..

You got that exactly right. And the ones who are crying the loudest now are the ones who worked hardest to "clean up" the union.

mirrorcheck

Buzz, I disagree re back pay. The owner could have cut us the checks as soon as he knew the vote was counted. Funny its still a one way street he sure as heck started taking the extra money in the medical on our checks, right?Forget what the NLRB and all that says. We have a contract. Why he can do what's morally right for his workers is beyond me. As far as other companies, I feel there pain, though now that companies are negotiating directly with there employees  we should just focus on what Pioneer offers or takes back etc, from us.  Worst part of all this is we hear nothing from anyone on this.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on December 15, 2013, 08:32:14 PM
Buzz, I disagree re back pay. The owner could have cut us the checks as soon as he knew the vote was counted. Funny its still a one way street he sure as heck started taking the extra money in the medical on our checks, right?Forget what the NLRB and all that says. We have a contract. Why he can do what's morally right for his workers is beyond me. As far as other companies, I feel there pain, though now that companies are negotiating directly with there employees  we should just focus on what Pioneer offers or takes back etc, from us.  Worst part of all this is we hear nothing from anyone on this.

Sorry, but we went the way of the NLRB and he's playing by their rules, as he should. Suppose they disagree with some of the figures? Suppose the amounts disbursed are incorrect? They have to approve the deal and the DoE has to get the OK from them to release the funds. Neil did what he was supposed to do and would be taking an unnecessary chance to do otherwise. And, by the way, he would like to have this matter settled and behind him as much as we would.

We hear nothing from anyone on what?

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I would have to assume he means we here nothing from our union reps. Even though the MOA stated all 3 parts would have to be completed before we got our money and after the vote Ernie & Andy said we just have to wait there is a moral part. BEFORE THE VOTE WE WERE TOLD IF YOU VOTE YES WE SHOULD GET OUR MONEY IN TWO WEEKS. People assumed that YES meant the other two parts would come as quick as the medical deductions went. It's been well past two weeks & a few days to our Christmas break. MEMBERS WOULD JUST LIKE TO HERE SOMETHING FROM OUR REPS. It's human nature.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 16, 2013, 10:48:18 AM
Buzz
I would have to assume he means we here nothing from our union reps. Even though the MOA stated all 3 parts would have to be completed before we got our money and after the vote Ernie & Andy said we just have to wait there is a moral part. BEFORE THE VOTE WE WERE TOLD IF YOU VOTE YES WE SHOULD GET OUR MONEY IN TWO WEEKS. People assumed that YES meant the other two parts would come as quick as the medical deductions went. It's been well past two weeks & a few days to our Christmas break. MEMBERS WOULD JUST LIKE TO HERE SOMETHING FROM OUR REPS. It's human nature.

I see what you mean and I don't think anybody anticipated that the other 2 parts would take so long to come about. I think since then Ernie and Andy ... who are union reps ... have explained that's it hung up in the NLRB. Don't know what else they could tell us and if Michael himself came down he could only tell us the same thing.

PROUD MEMBER

It's Christmas people were not only expecting but needed that money.  So if we're not getting the money sometimes just a word goes a long way.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
One last thing. I respect your opinion but in my opinion no Union member at Pioneer should be saying anything good about Neil. Especially publicly on the internet. Saying his hands are tied and he's going by the rules and has to wait is BS. DON'T FORGET HE WASN'T WORRIED ABOUT THE RULES WHEN HE AND OTHERS ILLEGALLY DECLARED AN IMPASSE AND IMPOSED "THEIR BEST & FINAL OFFER". AFTER ALL THAT'S WHY WE'RE WAITING FOR OUR RETRO NOW. BECAUSE HE DIDN'T PLAY BY THE RULES THEN!

grimreaper

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 16, 2013, 10:48:18 AM
Buzz
Just the way the union said, We would have medical for 3 months after the strike.

yabba

can someone tel us where the cleaning checks are ?

Stugots

Mostly everyone in the industry has gotten the cleaning checks, except us.     

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 16, 2013, 11:49:22 AM
Buzz
One last thing. I respect your opinion but in my opinion no Union member at Pioneer should be saying anything good about Neil. Especially publicly on the internet. Saying his hands are tied and he's going by the rules and has to wait is BS.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and I guess people see things the way they want to see them. If Neil had not done what he was ordered to do by court order, that would be "bad" ... no? He has complied with the court order and I see that as "good." I respect your right to disagree, but that is the way I see it.

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 16, 2013, 11:49:22 AM
DON'T FORGET HE WASN'T WORRIED ABOUT THE RULES WHEN HE AND OTHERS ILLEGALLY DECLARED AN IMPASSE AND IMPOSED "THEIR BEST & FINAL OFFER". AFTER ALL THAT'S WHY WE'RE WAITING FOR OUR RETRO NOW. BECAUSE HE DIDN'T PLAY BY THE RULES THEN!

Agreed he wasn't playing by the rules then, and we (the union) took the matter to court to force him to play by the rules. Now he's going by the letter of the law and we're not happy with the speed at which the agency WE took him to is moving. Besides that, he gave us the best contract of anybody in the industry. If not biting the hand that continues to feed me makes me a bad union member, so be it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
Nobody said you are a bad Union member. I think just the opposite. You are a good and conscientious member. My point was that unless we remained status quo or better I FEEL NEIL SHOULD NOT GET ANY TYPE OF PRAISE FROM ONE OF US.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 16, 2013, 05:38:35 PM
Buzz
Nobody said you are a bad Union member. I think just the opposite. You are a good and conscientious member. My point was that unless we remained status quo or better I FEEL NEIL SHOULD NOT GET ANY TYPE OF PRAISE FROM ONE OF US.

Well, thank you for that, I appreciate it. I don't know that anything I said constitutes "praise" ... I just try to look at these things objectively. Just as with whether one sees the glass as being half-full or half-empty, it comes down to a matter of choice. Neither is necessarily wrong or right ... it's just how we choose to see it.

Cheers.

wheresmymoney!

I think Gigg and Ernie should post something on the 1181 website about WHEN we are getting this money!!  or have a yard meeting and tell us what's going on.  i feel like they are just ignoring us and just leaving us in the wind and its inhumane.  and i also feel that even though its in the contract that we would get our money 2 paychecks after the contract was ratified, im praying neil cannot get away with not paying us at all???  someone ease my mind please!! >:(  also where the frig are the cleaning checks!!! we're still supposed to get those.  any ideas? please post!!

mirrorcheck

Buzz..I get all the legal mumbo jumbo. That doesn't mean  I have to smile at this delay. This whole year was screwed up. Some of that has nothing to do with our boss. That said I wish this was over and settled. I haven't heard a clear concise answer as to the delay. Now I'm more informed still frustrated and can't wait for this F in  year to end already. Thanks for your response.

grimreaper

The union should stop the office from asking us to call the office and putting us on the spot. Why should we help them.

Goose623

And where is my opt out check which is supposed to be giving out on the 15th.. I was told it should b here Friday.  That's bullshit...

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on December 16, 2013, 10:07:08 PM
and i also feel that even though its in the contract that we would get our money 2 paychecks after the contract was ratified, im praying neil cannot get away with not paying us at all???

But it didn't say that. And Neil is not trying to get away without paying us.

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on December 16, 2013, 11:58:55 PM
And where is my opt out check which is supposed to be giving out on the 15th.. I was told it should b here Friday.  That's bullshit...

The Opt Out check is based on your earnings. Until we get our back pay settled Opt Out money can't be accurately calculated.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 16, 2013, 02:25:01 PM
can someone tel us where the cleaning checks are ?

Ernie says we'll get our cleaning checks this Friday, as well as our Christmas accrual.

worker341

Buzz Its always Ernie said this Ernie said that. buzz how about keeping his name out of it and say something like the Union called Ernie this is what they told him. If you state it that way the heat and bullshit the Union big wigs will get from the workers, not Ernie he is a worker just like us. So are you, think about it. Maybe the Pioneer workers will call up the union and bitch and give Ernie and Andy a break.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on December 17, 2013, 02:52:26 AM
Buzz Its always Ernie said this Ernie said that. buzz how about keeping his name out of it and say something like the Union called Ernie this is what they told him. If you state it that way the heat and bullshit the Union big wigs will get from the workers, not Ernie he is a worker just like us. So are you, think about it. Maybe the Pioneer workers will call up the union and bitch and give Ernie and Andy a break.

Have I ever pretended to be anything but a worker?

Ernie, on the other hand, is not just a worker, he is the shop steward ... a union rep. It should be understood he gets his information from the union.  I try to keep you informed with accurate information and name my source, so you know it didn't just come from me ... being only a worker. Ernie has no problem whatsoever with that. Sorry if you don't appreciate my efforts. 

Anyone is free to call the union any time they want.

(I have to say ... the things some of you choose to find fault with is unbelievable.)

wheresmymoney!

Quote from: worker341 on December 17, 2013, 02:52:26 AM
I think everyone of us should call the union and talk to eddie gig and ask him what's going on! i think buzz is accurate and he's probably well informed but if enough of us make noise, and demand honest answers the union will be bogged down with phone calls and maybe post something on the website for us to we dont feel like we are in the dark!