back pay

Started by yabba, December 12, 2013, 04:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I would have to assume he means we here nothing from our union reps. Even though the MOA stated all 3 parts would have to be completed before we got our money and after the vote Ernie & Andy said we just have to wait there is a moral part. BEFORE THE VOTE WE WERE TOLD IF YOU VOTE YES WE SHOULD GET OUR MONEY IN TWO WEEKS. People assumed that YES meant the other two parts would come as quick as the medical deductions went. It's been well past two weeks & a few days to our Christmas break. MEMBERS WOULD JUST LIKE TO HERE SOMETHING FROM OUR REPS. It's human nature.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 16, 2013, 10:48:18 AM
Buzz
I would have to assume he means we here nothing from our union reps. Even though the MOA stated all 3 parts would have to be completed before we got our money and after the vote Ernie & Andy said we just have to wait there is a moral part. BEFORE THE VOTE WE WERE TOLD IF YOU VOTE YES WE SHOULD GET OUR MONEY IN TWO WEEKS. People assumed that YES meant the other two parts would come as quick as the medical deductions went. It's been well past two weeks & a few days to our Christmas break. MEMBERS WOULD JUST LIKE TO HERE SOMETHING FROM OUR REPS. It's human nature.

I see what you mean and I don't think anybody anticipated that the other 2 parts would take so long to come about. I think since then Ernie and Andy ... who are union reps ... have explained that's it hung up in the NLRB. Don't know what else they could tell us and if Michael himself came down he could only tell us the same thing.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

It's Christmas people were not only expecting but needed that money.  So if we're not getting the money sometimes just a word goes a long way.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
One last thing. I respect your opinion but in my opinion no Union member at Pioneer should be saying anything good about Neil. Especially publicly on the internet. Saying his hands are tied and he's going by the rules and has to wait is BS. DON'T FORGET HE WASN'T WORRIED ABOUT THE RULES WHEN HE AND OTHERS ILLEGALLY DECLARED AN IMPASSE AND IMPOSED "THEIR BEST & FINAL OFFER". AFTER ALL THAT'S WHY WE'RE WAITING FOR OUR RETRO NOW. BECAUSE HE DIDN'T PLAY BY THE RULES THEN!

grimreaper

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 16, 2013, 10:48:18 AM
Buzz
Just the way the union said, We would have medical for 3 months after the strike.

yabba

can someone tel us where the cleaning checks are ?

Stugots

Mostly everyone in the industry has gotten the cleaning checks, except us.     

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 16, 2013, 11:49:22 AM
Buzz
One last thing. I respect your opinion but in my opinion no Union member at Pioneer should be saying anything good about Neil. Especially publicly on the internet. Saying his hands are tied and he's going by the rules and has to wait is BS.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and I guess people see things the way they want to see them. If Neil had not done what he was ordered to do by court order, that would be "bad" ... no? He has complied with the court order and I see that as "good." I respect your right to disagree, but that is the way I see it.

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 16, 2013, 11:49:22 AM
DON'T FORGET HE WASN'T WORRIED ABOUT THE RULES WHEN HE AND OTHERS ILLEGALLY DECLARED AN IMPASSE AND IMPOSED "THEIR BEST & FINAL OFFER". AFTER ALL THAT'S WHY WE'RE WAITING FOR OUR RETRO NOW. BECAUSE HE DIDN'T PLAY BY THE RULES THEN!

Agreed he wasn't playing by the rules then, and we (the union) took the matter to court to force him to play by the rules. Now he's going by the letter of the law and we're not happy with the speed at which the agency WE took him to is moving. Besides that, he gave us the best contract of anybody in the industry. If not biting the hand that continues to feed me makes me a bad union member, so be it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
Nobody said you are a bad Union member. I think just the opposite. You are a good and conscientious member. My point was that unless we remained status quo or better I FEEL NEIL SHOULD NOT GET ANY TYPE OF PRAISE FROM ONE OF US.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 16, 2013, 05:38:35 PM
Buzz
Nobody said you are a bad Union member. I think just the opposite. You are a good and conscientious member. My point was that unless we remained status quo or better I FEEL NEIL SHOULD NOT GET ANY TYPE OF PRAISE FROM ONE OF US.

Well, thank you for that, I appreciate it. I don't know that anything I said constitutes "praise" ... I just try to look at these things objectively. Just as with whether one sees the glass as being half-full or half-empty, it comes down to a matter of choice. Neither is necessarily wrong or right ... it's just how we choose to see it.

Cheers.

wheresmymoney!

I think Gigg and Ernie should post something on the 1181 website about WHEN we are getting this money!!  or have a yard meeting and tell us what's going on.  i feel like they are just ignoring us and just leaving us in the wind and its inhumane.  and i also feel that even though its in the contract that we would get our money 2 paychecks after the contract was ratified, im praying neil cannot get away with not paying us at all???  someone ease my mind please!! >:(  also where the frig are the cleaning checks!!! we're still supposed to get those.  any ideas? please post!!

mirrorcheck

Buzz..I get all the legal mumbo jumbo. That doesn't mean  I have to smile at this delay. This whole year was screwed up. Some of that has nothing to do with our boss. That said I wish this was over and settled. I haven't heard a clear concise answer as to the delay. Now I'm more informed still frustrated and can't wait for this F in  year to end already. Thanks for your response.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

grimreaper

The union should stop the office from asking us to call the office and putting us on the spot. Why should we help them.

Goose623

And where is my opt out check which is supposed to be giving out on the 15th.. I was told it should b here Friday.  That's bullshit...

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on December 16, 2013, 10:07:08 PM
and i also feel that even though its in the contract that we would get our money 2 paychecks after the contract was ratified, im praying neil cannot get away with not paying us at all???

But it didn't say that. And Neil is not trying to get away without paying us.