Hope for soon-to-be laid-off AE employees

Started by Buzz, December 17, 2013, 02:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Several companies are divvying up Atlantic's runs ... something else that's being mulled over by the courts, but it looks like Pioneer will get 21 runs in Staten Island and 18 in the Bronx. But ... get this ... the same city that denied us the EPP is adamant that THE DRIVERS FOLLOW THE WORK to whatever company they end up at. Can you believe it?!! They're making our case for us ... when it suits their purpose.

That means that the 355 guys from Atlantic in S.I. will be working at Pioneer ... TEMPORARILY ... as mandated by the DoE. There will be a master pick in February (tentatively). Those guys along with other laid-off drivers, including 1181 members, will be included in the master pick and become members of whatever union is in the company they go to.

None of this is written in stone yet ... it's in the hands of bankruptcy court. Just giving you the heads-up.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

And for what it's worth, and at the risk of being scolded for talking "good" of Neil, I can tell you this: While in court for the above matter, Neil approached an NLRB official (I do not know their exact capacity) and pleaded with that person to have our contract approved so he can pay his people. The response was that the case is in Washington and that it just takes time. He wants this matter behind him and would rather it not carry over into next year.

(Now, who will be the first to attack me for sharing with you what I know?)

1union

That's good news but shouldn't that come from union first? Where you getting that info from?And why when we come here to vent or try and fiqure out what's going on with our local right away we bitching .We are all in this together and all are fed up .Again niel put us here and now its backfireing on him now.We need to find a way were union and company can fight the real problem the city but I will never forget what he and his bullshit board of owners did to try and destroy my families income.What about Christmas accrual and cleaning check?  I bet he has this money locked in a CD for certain date and then he releases them.just a thought.been calling the labor board for 2wks still can't get an answer.

1union

Sounds like something ed gig would say! You know you gotta keep niel happy! Thx ed!

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
Since u insist on continuously bringing his name up I am forced to do the same because it turns my stomach. Neil could give a shit about any of us or our Retro checks. It's his money (really ours), if he wants to he could give it to us today. The MOA states the NLRB has to waive the interest and okay the calculations. Which eventually they will. PAY US NOW WE'RE NOT LOOKING FOR INTEREST & IF THE CALCULATIONS ON WRONG ADJUST IT LATER. Again the MOA does not state that the NLRB is refraining NEIL from giving us OUR money. Furthermore if he wanted to he could just pay us for the Easter week & the vacation weeks. Payroll knows exactly how many weeks each employee is owed. As per our contract they should be separate checks anyway. Then in the future we each can get a check for what the weekly deductions were. THAT IS WHAT A GOOD PERSON THAT WANTS TO PUT THINGS BEHIND HIM DOES. I trully appreciate what you do here, so maybe you can pass this on to Ernie & Neil.

Buzz

Quote from: grimreaper on December 17, 2013, 03:40:23 AM
You were there??

No, Michael was >>>> Ernie >>>> me.

(Sarcasm not appreciated, but thanks for being the first.)

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 17, 2013, 04:43:32 AM
That's good news but shouldn't that come from union first? Where you getting that info from?And why when we come here to vent or try and fiqure out what's going on with our local right away we bitching .We are all in this together and all are fed up .Again niel put us here and now its backfireing on him now.We need to find a way were union and company can fight the real problem the city but I will never forget what he and his bullshit board of owners did to try and destroy my families income.What about Christmas accrual and cleaning check?  I bet he has this money locked in a CD for certain date and then he releases them.just a thought.been calling the labor board for 2wks still can't get an answer.

I said none of this was definite yet and the union wouldn't say anything until it is. Said I was just giving you a heads-up ... would you rather I didn't do that? Also, the info comes from Ernie, but another guy complains if I use his name.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I said in another post that the cleaning allowance and Christmas accrual will be paid this week ... according to you-know-who.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 17, 2013, 08:27:15 AM
Furthermore if he wanted to he could just pay us for the Easter week & the vacation weeks. Payroll knows exactly how many weeks each employee is owed. As per our contract they should be separate checks anyway. Then in the future we each can get a check for what the weekly deductions were. THAT IS WHAT A GOOD PERSON THAT WANTS TO PUT THINGS BEHIND HIM DOES. I trully appreciate what you do here, so maybe you can pass this on to Ernie & Neil.

I will pass it on to Ernie. (Though, it would be hard to believe this hasn't occurred to him already.)

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 17, 2013, 04:47:20 AM
Sounds like something ed gig would say! You know you gotta keep niel happy! Thx ed!

Completely uncalled for, and I haven't talked to Eddie about any of this at all.

(Eddie keeps Neil happy? You're being facetious, right?)

mirrorcheck

Proudmember that's a very valid point"paying what he knows he owes Easter and summer checks" would be a perfect start. While I don't doubt Neil wants to put this behind him for many reasons, showing some payment towards what is owed us would certainly be a very big start to making this right. He reads these boards and he will see what you said Proudmember lets see what his actions are.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

1union

Yeah niether have l but a lot of guys would love to have him come and address the yard and here shit right from the horses mouth! And please don't take it personal   I see things a lot different than you but I feel like way to much confusion all the time and I feel they like it that way! So much bullshit ! By the way  I think you do a great job with the site but don't get your loyalty to the current union leaders I think they need to here what the members want and to come to our yard and here from them direct. But that's just my opinion and if you don't want me to post my opinions then I give you permission to remove me from the site!  Anyway be safe and have a great day!

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 17, 2013, 12:19:45 PM
Yeah niether have l but a lot of guys would love to have him come and address the yard and here shit right from the horses mouth! And please don't take it personal   I see things a lot different than you but I feel like way to much confusion all the time and I feel they like it that way! So much bullshit ! By the way  I think you do a great job with the site but don't get your loyalty to the current union leaders I think they need to here what the members want and to come to our yard and here from them direct. But that's just my opinion and if you don't want me to post my opinions then I give you permission to remove me from the site!  Anyway be safe and have a great day!

You're always welcome to post your opinion. What is the difference if Ernie tells us something or Eddie does? It comes from the same place. And even if he did, when is everybody there at the same time? People didn't react well to the meeting Ernie called at 5:30, then cancelled, I doubt they'd feel any different if Eddie were to do that.

Also, that is what monthly union meetings are for. Did you go to the last one? Did you ask any questions? That is were you can "here from them direct" [sic].

Goose623

Did I see right that Hoyt put in to take some of Atlantic runs??? How is that possible since Hoyt went bankrupt itself??? Very confusing....on a better note 2 weeks and a day that piece of sh$t mayor will b gone..

1union

Yes it is sad that the one guy who does care and we can't get together for a yard meeting that would.put rumors to rest.I think this would at least give Ernie an Andy a break its a very difficult time and put some moral back in. Union meeting is a joke you no and so do I it is difficult with the crowd to get a point across. Look I want the to do what's best for all of us and just want all this bullshit to stop.

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on December 17, 2013, 03:32:57 PM
Did I see right that Hoyt put in to take some of Atlantic runs??? How is that possible since Hoyt went bankrupt itself??? Very confusing....on a better note 2 weeks and a day that piece of sh$t mayor will b gone..

Where did you see it? Can you post a link?

But, yes, Hoyt may get some of the runs. Amazing, isn't it ... that the city would even considering giving runs to a company that just went bankrupt. From what I know, the bankruptcy court is taking up the issue of retro money of that company's employees as well as Atlantic's. Very possible that whoever gets the runs has to pay the money owed those people. In Hoyt's case, they may have to pay their former employees as a contingency to getting AE work. We'll have to see what the court says.

As far as Bloomy ... with the city insisting that the people follow Atlantic's work ... looks like his chickens have come home to roost!

(I still think he looks like the GEICO gecko!)

Buzz

Quote from: Buzz on December 17, 2013, 11:07:43 AM
Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 17, 2013, 08:27:15 AM
Furthermore if he wanted to he could just pay us for the Easter week & the vacation weeks. Payroll knows exactly how many weeks each employee is owed. As per our contract they should be separate checks anyway. Then in the future we each can get a check for what the weekly deductions were. THAT IS WHAT A GOOD PERSON THAT WANTS TO PUT THINGS BEHIND HIM DOES. I trully appreciate what you do here, so maybe you can pass this on to Ernie & Neil.

I will pass it on to Ernie. (Though, it would be hard to believe this hasn't occurred to him already.)

Well, spoke to Ernie, and as I guessed, he had already tried to get Neil to do that, but it's not going to happen. He won't make a move until he gets a release.

Buzz

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on December 17, 2013, 02:48:46 AM

That means that the 355 guys from Atlantic in S.I. will be working at Pioneer ... TEMPORARILY ... as mandated by the DoE. There will be a master pick in February (tentatively). Those guys along with other laid-off drivers, including 1181 members, will be included in the master pick and become members of whatever union is in the company they go to.

I still can't get past this.  If I have to work 1 minute with these line crossing skells, it'll be too long.

John Eadicicco

If Neil was So ADAMENT about us getting our retro money................WHY is he the last contractor to pay the cleaning checks?