Hope for soon-to-be laid-off AE employees

Started by Buzz, December 17, 2013, 02:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on December 17, 2013, 03:32:57 PM
Did I see right that Hoyt put in to take some of Atlantic runs??? How is that possible since Hoyt went bankrupt itself??? Very confusing....on a better note 2 weeks and a day that piece of sh$t mayor will b gone..

Where did you see it? Can you post a link?

But, yes, Hoyt may get some of the runs. Amazing, isn't it ... that the city would even considering giving runs to a company that just went bankrupt. From what I know, the bankruptcy court is taking up the issue of retro money of that company's employees as well as Atlantic's. Very possible that whoever gets the runs has to pay the money owed those people. In Hoyt's case, they may have to pay their former employees as a contingency to getting AE work. We'll have to see what the court says.

As far as Bloomy ... with the city insisting that the people follow Atlantic's work ... looks like his chickens have come home to roost!

(I still think he looks like the GEICO gecko!)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: Buzz on December 17, 2013, 11:07:43 AM
Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 17, 2013, 08:27:15 AM
Furthermore if he wanted to he could just pay us for the Easter week & the vacation weeks. Payroll knows exactly how many weeks each employee is owed. As per our contract they should be separate checks anyway. Then in the future we each can get a check for what the weekly deductions were. THAT IS WHAT A GOOD PERSON THAT WANTS TO PUT THINGS BEHIND HIM DOES. I trully appreciate what you do here, so maybe you can pass this on to Ernie & Neil.

I will pass it on to Ernie. (Though, it would be hard to believe this hasn't occurred to him already.)

Well, spoke to Ernie, and as I guessed, he had already tried to get Neil to do that, but it's not going to happen. He won't make a move until he gets a release.

Buzz

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on December 17, 2013, 02:48:46 AM

That means that the 355 guys from Atlantic in S.I. will be working at Pioneer ... TEMPORARILY ... as mandated by the DoE. There will be a master pick in February (tentatively). Those guys along with other laid-off drivers, including 1181 members, will be included in the master pick and become members of whatever union is in the company they go to.

I still can't get past this.  If I have to work 1 minute with these line crossing skells, it'll be too long.

John Eadicicco

If Neil was So ADAMENT about us getting our retro money................WHY is he the last contractor to pay the cleaning checks?