Fuel Days

Started by Eucerin, January 23, 2014, 04:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

change of pace....understand the odd even thing...slow lines...but who (what Bus #) can use Friday as a fuel day??

yabba

monday wenesday even  0,2,4,6,8   tuesday thursday odd 1,3,5,7,9    friday  sped buses spares and trip run if needed...   but the hell with it get gas whenever you want noone enforces the fuel rules  in this place anymore.. the fuel line is crazy and looks at the buses wrapped around the yard and there even and odd numbered and everything in between .i wont be surprised to see MTA buses fueling up soon in arthur kill.....

Buzz

You're right, yabba, it's not enforced so I'm about to stop trying to comply. Never saw why it was necessary anyway but I've tried to stick with the program and it's useless. It doesn't help any that we have antiquated fuel pumps that are normally slow and in cold weather barely DRIP fuel.

(And considering the buses that wouldn't start this morning due to fuel line freezing ... and runs that didn't go out ... a cold weather fuel additive might be a good idea. But hey, what do I know ... )
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Kramer

About 10 min. per bus. I was on the line this morning just under 2 hours.   :'(

yabba

did you look at all the buses in the yard that could not go out this monring.....the mechanics dont even have equipment anymore to jump start buses,its amazing what a downhill spiral this place is on..yard not plowed forget about the salt... fuel pump now thats a laugh...lol..

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 23, 2014, 06:30:14 PM
did you look at all the buses in the yard that could not go out this monring.....the mechanics dont even have equipment anymore to jump start buses,its amazing what a downhill spiral this place is on..yard not plowed forget about the salt... fuel pump now thats a laugh...lol..

As of 3 p.m. my bus was still not started. Didn't go out at all this morning, like about a dozen others. So little equipment for 2 yards it's shameful.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

gigi11744

keep covering the runs guys