back pay part 5 - ALMOST THERE ... MAYBE

Started by Buzz, January 24, 2014, 12:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Well, supposedly the checks are to be turned over on Monday. Then, according to Ernie, the NLRB is going to send them out either certified or registered mail and the post office is supposed to notify us to come to the P.O. and sign for them. Wasn't able to question him on that ... it would seem to me they would first have to try to deliver them and if no one was there to sign for them, a notice would be left to pick them up. Either way, it will be a "couple" of weeks before the checks are in our hands.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

ThNks buzz for the latest news.   As far as certified mail   Lol. Lol.  Lol.   Who the hell is paying for that.  Pioneer won't even mail our last check in July without a SASE.  I'm telling you no one would believe this     

PROUD MEMBER

This is just a shame. Unfortunately at this point I have to change my tune and as much as I hate to I have to blame our EB. Not Neil, not the. DOE, not the NLRB and not the lawyers. Obviously this MOA was not drawn up correctly and the EB should have seen this coming. Also we have to share some of the blame because we signed it but we or at least I was led to believe I would have my money within two weeks of ratifying the contract. The bottom line is the new contract although ratified should not have gone into effect until we got our money. In that case we would have had our money immediately. I hope that this BS is over by Monday and the checks are in the NLRB's hands if not we the rank and file not the Reps have to get together and do something to let Neil know enough is enough.

John Eadicicco

But the BEST part of this is our Local does NOT have anyone Intelligent Enough to foresee these goings on! Last year during the strike we were told in the 3 rd week of Jan. as of the 31st NO medical coverage, Ed Gig told us the lawyers are at fault for that snafu. now they are blaming the lawyers again!!!!!!! Wake the Fuck Up if you believe this BULLSHIT! It's starts at the top!!!!! GEEZE! I took Contractual Law in college and the FIRST thing they taught us about contracts is READ THE FINE PRINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzz

At this point it is definitely the NLRB that is adding at least another 2 weeks to the wait. Absolutely no reason the checks have to be brought the checks or mail them. Just stupid!

Goose623

I know if Chico and the fat fuck was in charge we would have the EPP and this would have never happened.. Please.. And if those other idiots members for change got in the union would be no more.
I guarantee that..

MOOSE1742

Don"t know If this is right but on my Paystub today  the total earnings for the year is about what I am owed for money lost due to strike. I could be wrong but checks are cut but not received yet obviously. You could get a rough idea of what you are owed. This also could be a mistake on my check. Someone else check and see if this is true on their stub. Thanx

PROUD MEMBER

It's on everyone's YTD stub. It's been on there since last week's check.

MOOSE1742

Yes your right. Is that the money  we are owed?

PROUD MEMBER

Yes. That's the gross amount you will get when we get our back pay.

Birdie

Looks like I'm short maybe the double days they owe me

yabba

oh yeah no double days in the check...its easter check   vacation checks and the 7.5% that was stolen,and possibly the 5.00 a week for medical...but double days i guess 1181 will give us the answer on that...

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 25, 2014, 01:19:41 PM
oh yeah no double days in the check...its easter check   vacation checks and the 7.5% that was stolen,and possibly the 5.00 a week for medical...but double days i guess 1181 will give us the answer on that...

Are there double days other than Brooklyn-Queens day that we're owed?

yabba

i think thats about the only day...a lot of guys are saying the 1 days (monday and tuesday) when we came off strike,but that is arbitration i think and i doubt we will ver win that,.but again 1181 has that answer...