cup of coffee

Started by gigi11744, April 10, 2014, 11:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi11744

A cup of coffee is equal to  2 days pay and 400.00 , a little exscessive,but i kind of understand but not totally ,whats has me confused is the kid skates on this, horseshit

Rock Steady

a little excessive ? r u kidding me ? a $500 to $600 dollar fine for spilled coffee !  If I said it once I said it a thousand times. This needs to be made public, the liberal media or a civil rights lawyer needs to know about this.  We sure cant depend on our over paid union guys to help us.  When you have a secretary making $85,000 yr on Woodhaven Blvd they dont want to hear about a light bulb costing a driver $200. Yeah I know it spilled on a kid and shorted the bus, but big deal.  $500-$600 ? Really? The last time the MTA went on strike, it wasn't over salary.  It was over the excessive discipline and fines they were paying for things similar to what we're going through, but they finall made a stand. I'm tired of hearing about this.

gigi11744

rock i agree with you  but the 400.00 was for damages to bus ...thats why i said and the kid walks...but they go rite back to that coffee ,if it wasnt there,, no damage to bus,, no 400.00, no suspension...

Eucerin

I believe the "kid" grabbed the coffee cup from the holder at threw it at the driver and missed... the liquid ran down the windshield and shorted out something...what would of happened if the "kid" had used a water bottle instead to hit the driver... is it illegal to have other liquid on a school bus, as well??

Buzz

Two things that factored into this incident, as far as I know.

(1) A violation issued by OPT. The complaint from the school that went into OPT was not the truth, but of course OPT couldn't care less.

(2)Progressive discipline. I do not know the nature of "priors" so can not offer an opinion as to the fairness of the overall discipline.

(However, what seems excessive might have been satisfactory enough to the DOE to spare driver and matron an OPT hearing ... just my conjecture.)

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.