Posted on Facebook

Started by hognol, May 30, 2014, 10:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worker341

I don't know how much when on in that meeting, Our mayor was in Albany on Thursday. Who was doing all the talking for him?

PROUD MEMBER

I don't believe that the Mayor himself is at ALL of the meeting that have to do with the City, especially preliminary ones. That is part of the responsibilities of his staff.

PROUD MEMBER

Also if you look at the letter Michael Cordiello posted today with regards to that meeting he stated talks with the Administration. I'm sure when he meets with the Mayor himself he'll let us know.

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Grrr

The letter says nothing.  I was hoping for a little more "substance" at this point of the game.

PROUD MEMBER

I'm not sure (maybe Buzz might know) but I think this was the 1st actual formal meeting about the EPP since Mayor deBlasio took office. Also basically the only more substance we could possibly get is a Yes or No to the EPP which I think would be a little to soon after just one meeting. The Mayor's Administration has to sit down with each other and investigate & discuss whatever points that Michael & The Board brought up in defense if the EPP. Only time and possibly more meetings will tell. Although I feel that the fact the bids were postponed to August and that Mayor deBlasio's Administration (unlike Bloomberg's) is sitting down with us are obviously good signs. Also as I have been doing I would urge my fellow members to keep writing the Mayor, the Public Advicate and our Councilmembers.