March 20 Update from 1181

Started by Buzz, March 20, 2015, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eadicicco

First of all prior to 1997, 1181 negotiated all of their contracts with the coalition on pay with Local 100 ATU for the SAME pay scale. John Ambrosio for some unknown reason deceided to to break this tradition at that time claiming that we would negotiate a BETTER deal. WELL that NEVER materialized and we then went BACKWARDS! I believe NYC Bus Drivers make about $1.00 /hr more than we do currently! I could be wrong. Once 1181 went to a different contract for each vendor doing Bd. of Ed work, the same pattern is developing!!!PLEASE prove me wrong!

yabba

does anyone know when Steve the Uniform Man will be here for orders for next year   :thumbup: :thumbup: :yippee: :yippee:

PROUD MEMBER

Nice going yabba. Good Post!!!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 23, 2015, 04:30:50 PM
I hope you're right but I still don't understand. Example: We at Pioneer lost 1 day for every 5 days (accrual) we use to get whereas I'm am told some Members at other companies lost 2 or more. So how does an EPP change that or any other differences in the different contracts?

I can't say that it will make a difference for sure, but having an EPP is certainly more conducive to uniformity and it is how it was done in the past (i.e., pre-strike era!).
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on March 23, 2015, 10:18:14 PM
does anyone know when Steve the Uniform Man will be here for orders for next year   :thumbup: :thumbup: :yippee: :yippee:

That's great!!   :thumbup:   :thumbup:   :thumbup:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Guys it's been a tough few years and the last few months looked dismal for us , I myself had a lot of negative faith in our future but now we can bank on a few more years of work. 3 hopefully 5 but either way we all deserve to be happy.  All1181 , all pioneer employees and even our boss Neil.     I'll buy the first round.  :'( :thumbsup: :drink_beer: :drink_beer: :show: :show: