school closed

Started by dunghue, December 12, 2020, 02:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I don't understand how schools like PS 16 and 45 were closed the second day they were open. They tested and got the results of 20% of the kids/staff in one day? I don't get it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

dumbo was very happy last week that a new lab opened in lower manhattan to handle school covid test with results in 12 hours..

Hammer2161

Yeah because the new lab will allow him to close schools and not be the bad guy.

THE MORE YOU TEST THE MORE POSITIVE RESULTS YOU WILL FIND !!!! AND THAT IS FACT !!!!

mirrorcheck

after they closed restaurants at 1.43% what makes anyone think this is driven by a real number or even science ????
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

yabba

Quote from: Hammer2161 on December 12, 2020, 03:29:30 PM
Yeah because the new lab will allow him to close schools and not be the bad guy.

THE MORE YOU TEST THE MORE POSITIVE RESULTS YOU WILL FIND !!!! AND THAT IS FACT !!!!

exactly.... i seen lines outside in all sorts of weather for testing on the island... these people dont look too sick to me...if they test positive with no symptoms,im sure most are still walking around among us ..

TheKid24

PS 45 isn't going back till 1/4 and the parent told me she signed her son up for fully remote now.

TheKid24

Quote from: mirrorcheck on December 12, 2020, 03:59:00 PM
after they closed restaurants at 1.43% what makes anyone think this is driven by a real number or even science ????

Cuomo is using common core math that's why

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 12, 2020, 04:45:26 PMCuomo is using common core math that's why

Best answer! You win the Internet today!

Hammer2161

I think New Dorp Christian Academy is closed till January 16th 2021. I think that is absurd but the lack of leadership from anyone at the BOE is truly troubling.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on December 12, 2020, 06:23:46 PM
I think New Dorp Christian Academy is closed till January 16th 2021. I think that is absurd but the lack of leadership from anyone at the BOE is truly troubling.

I think you're right. Strange that it's not on the DOE's COVID map but they have the pre-K at the Y on it.

hognol

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 12, 2020, 04:44:40 PM
PS 45 isn't going back till 1/4 and the parent told me she signed her son up for fully remote now.

I do PS 45. Is this confirmed? I can't find any info on their website or when I call.

yabba

doe covid map show ps 45 closure ending on 12-23-2020.... you can google nyc doe covid map ... i think buzz has a link somewhere on the website...

Hammer2161

My advice to anyone who might think their schools are closed is be sure to report to work and get that information from the horses mouth. Seems Pioneer is not being full up front as far as paying drivers.
I know drivers and matrons that worked Monday of the week everyone was furloughed and then furloughed themselves were told they would be paid for the week as per our contract. Well low and be hold when they got their checks this past Friday they were only paid for one day.
So please be very careful and let Pioneer give you any information regarding closures, as drivers and matrons we are going through tough enough times we truly don't need not to be paid because of a technicality.

TheKid24

Quote from: yabba on December 13, 2020, 04:13:19 PM
doe covid map show ps 45 closure ending on 12-23-2020.... you can google nyc doe covid map ... i think buzz has a link somewhere on the website...

Yeah...the mom sent me the letter they are going back 1/4