All Public Schools Closed Thursday

Started by Buzz, December 16, 2020, 09:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

As per the DOE. Kids get screwed out of a snow day ... still have to do remote.

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag

Just got the e-mail

To all Drivers and Attendants;

All schools will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, December 17th.
Enjoy your day and stay safe!

Sincerely,
Pioneer Transportation Management

PROUD MEMBER

I haven't gone back and read the past comments but as per the last MOA ALL EMPLOYEES get paid for snow days. So if the senior employees get 85% for tomorrow then according to the contract so should the new hires. Since Pioneer has sent out an email stating that 12/17/2020 is a Snow Day then every employee should get 85% for tomorrow.

TheKid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 16, 2020, 11:07:16 PM
I haven't gone back and read the past comments but as per the last MOA ALL EMPLOYEES get paid for snow days. So if the senior employees get 85% for tomorrow then according to the contract so should the new hires. Since Pioneer has sent out an email stating that 12/17/2020 is a Snow Day then every employee should get 85% for tomorrow.

But the contract states no pay for school closures so
Tomorrow is a school closure isn't it?

LMAO

FYI  St Patrick's is going remote Monday &Tuesday enjoy your Christmas 🎄🎅🏻

TheKid24

Buzz

I haven't gone back and read the past comments but as per the last MOA ALL EMPLOYEES get paid for snow days.

I stand corrected. Believe you are right, now that I check. I'm surprised actually,  because for them it's generally a day's pay for a day worked.

Looks like you're in, TheKid24!

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 17, 2020, 01:39:40 AM
I haven't gone back and read the past comments but as per the last MOA ALL EMPLOYEES get paid for snow days.

I stand corrected. Believe you are right, now that I check. I'm surprised actually,  because for them it's generally a day's pay for a day worked.

Looks like you're in, TheKid24!

Hope so....hey buzz anyway you can send that to me so I have a copy to look as well

According to the latest contract I have, ALL employees get snow days.  Buzz, please check the facts before spreading misinformation, we have enough of that with the union.

TheKid24

Quote from: 04012013 on December 17, 2020, 02:28:14 AM
According to the latest contract I have, ALL employees get snow days.  Buzz, please check the facts before spreading misinformation, we have enough of that with the union.

Can you send me that please lol. I'm just going based off that paper Andy gave me last year where it says new hires get no pay for school closures

Buzz

I corrected myself previously, or did you miss that? What else do you want?

And, FYI ... I asked a union rep before I posted my original answer. Apparently it was the wrong info ... as it was on the paper the OP was given that said no pay for school closures.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 17, 2020, 02:47:49 AM

And, FYI ... I asked a union rep before I posted my original answer. Apparently it was the wrong info.

Yeah I missed it....so I'm not getting snow pay? Lol im confused.

TheKid24

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 17, 2020, 02:53:07 AM
Quote from: Buzz on December 17, 2020, 02:47:49 AM

And, FYI ... I asked a union rep before I posted my original answer. Apparently it was the wrong info.

Yeah I missed it....so I'm not getting snow pay? Lol im confused.

Last I saw you said was " I stand corrected. Believe you are right, now that I check. I'm surprised actually,  because for them it's generally a day's pay for a day worked.

Looks like you're in, TheKid24!"

So that means I'm getting paid for a snow day I assume

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 17, 2020, 01:47:52 AM
Hope so....hey buzz anyway you can send that to me so I have a copy to look as well

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 17, 2020, 02:54:24 AMSo that means I'm getting paid for a snow day I assume

I'd have to assume so. Good on you!