2 New Holidays Added to School Year

Started by Buzz, March 06, 2015, 12:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

worker341

Hope we get paid for those days. You know all the pvt. schools will be open and no extra days pay if you working with Pvt, Schools ( Catholic School, Jewish School etc. ) And of course Last day of School will be push to June 28. I see no bargian here for us. Hope our Union works on it in our new Contract where we get paid Extra if we work those days.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on March 06, 2015, 03:29:43 AM
Hope we get paid for those days. You know all the pvt. schools will be open and no extra days pay if you working with Pvt, Schools ( Catholic School, Jewish School etc. ) And of course Last day of School will be push to June 28. I see no bargian here for us. Hope our Union works on it in our new Contract where we get paid Extra if we work those days.

We do get a half day. I assume you're hoping for a full day like we used to get in the good old days. Me too!

(And I think Miraj Islamic will be closed ... LOL)

PROUD MEMBER

I agree with you Buzz. I'd assume if you work on the holiday u'd get 4 hrs besides the day's pay but for those who are considered "New Hires" I think you only get the day's pay. Also whether a New Hire or not the above is directed towards Pioneer employees. Those on this site who work out of a different property have a different contract. With regards to Holidays ask your Shop Steward.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 06, 2015, 09:38:53 AM
...for those who are considered "New Hires" I think you only get the day's pay. ...

That's true. Between that and other cuts it kind of makes you wonder why anyone would want to be a new hire in this business anymore.

driver

Are the bids going out in May? What is everyones thoughts if Neil does not get a 2 year contract is he going to sell???? what's going to happen to us??

Buzz

Bloomy put the bids out. What has been delayed several times is the opening of them. Who knows what will happen between now and May 1.

gigi11744

what about the italian holiday al di la

Buzz

Quote from: gigi11744 on March 11, 2015, 09:31:23 PM
what about the italian holiday al di la

LOL ... the Asians now want two holidays. And they'll probably get them.

Anybody else?

driver

Is it true that we are going to get pink slips?? what is that all about? I would really like to know everyones imput, not rumors..

PROUD MEMBER

driver
I would like to know also. After all it is our livelihoods.  For the past week I keep hearing about it but it's like keep it quiet not everyone is supposed to know. WTF

4real

Buzz

Quote from: driver on March 12, 2015, 01:11:06 AM
Is it true that we are going to get pink slips?? what is that all about? I would really like to know everyones imput, not rumors..

Not a "pink slip" but a notice that is required by law to be issued at least 90 days in advance that we may be out of work after June 26 ... being the company does not yet have a new contract with the city.