2:00PM negotiations

Started by gigi11744, September 30, 2015, 03:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi11744

I am not saying a thing , but my head is starting to shake.. Good luck to our union ,I just hope they did there homework.. Nothing less then everything we lost , or close to it,remember......

"WE GOT HIM RITE WHERE WE WANT HIM"

Buzz

Quote from: gigi11744 on September 30, 2015, 03:09:16 PM

I am not saying a thing , but my head is starting to shake.. Good luck to our union ,I just hope they did there homework.. Nothing less then everything we lost , or close to it,remember......

"WE GOT HIM RITE WHERE WE WANT HIM"

Yeah, that's right up there with, "THEY CAN'T DO THAT!"  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

i think the majjor obstacle in the whole negot. is going to be Welfare Fund...so lets hope we dont loose even more...

gigi11744

Grrr

Just came over WABC TV news.  The leadership of 1181 have approved use of a  strike. 

Rock Steady

Four words that should be thrown in during the negotiations. "Paid Sick Leave Law".

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on October 03, 2015, 08:33:13 PM
Four words that should be thrown in during the negotiations. "Paid Sick Leave Law".

Except that it clearly states that it does not apply to collective bargaining agreements.

I think we should concentrate more on getting back what we used to have rather than something we never did ... especially something like this from which we are specifically excluded.

Rock Steady

14. Are employees covered by collective bargaining agreements covered by the law?
The law does not apply to employees covered by a valid collective bargaining agreement that was in effect on April 1, 2014 until that collective bargaining agreement terminates. If a collective bargaining agreement includes an "evergreen clause" providing that the agreement will remain in effect following its expiration date unless one side terminates the agreement, then the law will not apply until that option is exercised. Otherwise, the law will take effect for such employees on the date of the termination of their collective bargaining agreement, and employees will begin to accrue sick leave under the law beginning on that date.

For employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement that came into effect after April 1, 2014, the law does not apply if the collective bargaining agreement expressly waives the law's provisions and the agreement provides a comparable benefit to employees, such as paid time off. Otherwise, the law applies to these employees.

Exception: For employees in the construction or grocery industry covered by a collective bargaining agreement that came into effect after April 1, 2014, the law does not apply if the collective bargaining agreement expressly waives the law's provisions. The agreement does not have to provide a comparable benefit to these employees.

Rock Steady

So, yes we are entitled to sick days.  The only way we don't get them is if they are bargained away, and there is only one party that can do that. So by not giving us what we are entitled to, they're costing us more money with unpaid time off.

Buzz

Yes, Rock Steady, I am familiar with the law and I understand that it can be included in a contract but my point was that it is not a "must," as the law does allow for exclusion. So we may be "eligible" but not necessarily "entited."  I suppose it could be put on the table, (and maybe it has been ... I don't know), but it would certainly be one of the first things "bargained away." I respect your position but I'm sure they have enough of a battle on their hands just trying to get back what we lost, and wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for sick days.

(I would rather see restored the 40 week guarantee, pre-strike accruals and full pay for working on public schools holidays. For many people, this would amount to much more than a few sick days. Your mileage may vary.)

Rock Steady

I'm sorry, but we are "Entitled" to sick leave because we meet and exceed all of the requirements. We exceed the minimum amount of hours worked, we meet and exceed the number of employees, etc. That makes us eligible & entitled. Our delegates get paid personal & sick leave. It's just a shame that in todays society, when your on a job that is so over regulated with so many restrictions and requirements that you cant even get a few sick days or personal days off.  Our boss wants to take and take, this should be thrown in his face.  Like you said, we got him right where we want him, and I hope Mike did his home work

yabba

how did wenesday go..and when is the next meeting... ?????

Rock Steady

. . . . all Ernie said about Wednesday's meeting is that we're moving forward. That's it.

Buzz

FYI, spoke to Ernie this morning ... 5 days sick pay is on the table. Whether it will come to fruition or be used as a bargaining chip to get back something we lost remains to be seen. (I'm guessing the latter.)

Also, it's already clear we're not getting back everything we lost. Case in point: we won't see a day's pay for working on a public school holiday even if you work morning and afternoon.

We may be "moving forward" from where we are, but not from where we were.

Buzz

... And the next meeting is scheduled for the 14th.  :fight:

PROUD MEMBER

I think it's time for a strike vote!

gigi11744

we shall see whats, what on the 20th of Oct.. Where moving foward... :crazy:

J.T.