Here's your sign

Started by Buzz, October 06, 2022, 10:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

QuoteNo one is perfect people make mistakes. as long as no one was hurt

True. Some just stand out more than others.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Golfnut

For those drivers who don't know . Pioneer is run under 2 different Corporations. One is Pioneer Transportation and the other I believe is Pioneer Transportation Corp. One set of busses are not allowed into New Jersey ( They are not insured in N.J.)The other is allowed into NJ for Charter trips. Once a Bus that is not allowed into NJ goes over one of the three Bridges a Computer generated phone call notifies our dispatch office that an Unauthorized Bus has just entered into NJ.

Buzz

Actually I believe the other company is Atrium Bus and I believe it's  the buses registered under that name that have a USDOT number and can go into Jersey. I think there is also "Pioneer Charter Services."

As far as the computer generated call ... I'll take your word for it for the time being, but what prompts the call? The GPS? How does that work?

Golfnut

Ahhh yes ! Atrium Bus!I stand corrected. I don't believe the GPS Triggers it because it's happened way before we had GPS in the Busses. Maybe it's the license plate . I'm not sure ...

Buzz

QuoteAhhh yes ! Atrium Bus!I stand corrected. I don't believe the GPS Triggers it because it's happened way before we had GPS in the Busses. Maybe it's the license plate . I'm not sure ...

Ahh, okay ... I didn't want to call you out on the first post because I thought you had some inside info ... LOL. There would be nothing to read a license plate or even take a picture of it going INTO Jersey so I don't think that's it. Probably she just didn't show up to stops on time and they tracked her on the GPS.

PROUD MEMBER

The Atrium registered buses are not allowed outside NY. The Pioneer registered are.

Buzz

QuoteThe Atrium registered buses are not allowed outside NY. The Pioneer registered are.

But not all, correct? Because not all have US DOT numbers, no?

LMAO

Come on ! They missed the last exit ,made a mistake and will have to pay the toll !
You make it like they were doing pick up's in New Jersey  ;D 
Buzz you bully !!!
Remember Vote Red !

Buzz

QuoteCome on ! They missed the last exit ,made a mistake and will have to pay the toll !
You make it like they were doing pick up's in New Jersey  ;D 
Buzz you bully !!!
Remember Vote Red !

Well, you haven't lost your edge!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

PROUD MEMBER

I believe all Pioneer registered buses can go to NJ. The shop just hasn't gotten around to putting the DOT #s on them all. But obviously check with the office.

Buzz

QuoteI believe all Pioneer registered buses can go to NJ. The shop just hasn't gotten around to putting the DOT #s on them all. But obviously check with the office.

I've always been curious as to why not all buses are registered Pioneer.  Hmm ...

PROUD MEMBER

Maybe a write off for his other businesses

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on October 12, 2022, 01:59:42 AMMaybe a write off for his other businesses

Yeah, I'm guessing there's a financial reason for it.