Becoming a Driver is About to Become a Whole Lot Harder

Started by Buzz, November 04, 2021, 02:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

New regulations going into effect Feb. 7 will consist of this:

"There are a total of 93 required topics to be trained on to become a school bus driver holding a basic CDL, passenger endorsement, and school bus endorsement. The requirements are a total of 63 topics of theory, and a total of 30 topics of behind-the-wheel range training."

93 fucking topics! And they wonder why there's a shortage. This is part the "MAP-21" Act ... it's national ... a product of the Obama administration.

Source: https://www.schoolbusfleet.com/10009550/20-questions-and-answers-on-map-21
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

When I took it two years almost three years ago it was pretty bad. Had to know everything under the hood, under the front, side and back to the bus. As well as the actual pre trip outside and inside, then the brake test, then driving forward, driving back, then parallel parking.
Then after that you go for a drive. 

mirrorcheck

That new test is hard and now more regulations? I guess if played right you can parlay this into us making more money . This will only further squeeze the bus industry . You can make almost as much to start at McDonald's
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

It's only going to hurt the industry ... and it's not just buses, it's all class A and B licenses. There's a truck driver shortage too. 

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on November 04, 2021, 04:00:05 PM
When I took it two years almost three years ago it was pretty bad. Had to know everything under the hood, under the front, side and back to the bus. As well as the actual pre trip outside and inside, then the brake test, then driving forward, driving back, then parallel parking.
Then after that you go for a drive.

It's insane ... especially the under the hood shit. You're trying to become a driver, not a diesel mechanic.