extra pay on holidays

Started by sbdriver1, February 05, 2016, 10:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbdriver1

Can someone refresh my memory. I haven't worked on a holiday in a while but I do have to work Monday for Chinese new year just in the afternoon. Do we get 4 hours extra pay?

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

worker341

yep you get 4 hrs for working Monday on a Holiday. Its a shame everyone in this country I'm sure get a full days pay for working on a Holiday but not here. Thats a change that should be in our a new contract, Neil gets a full days pay for that bus when it goes out, not 4 hrs. And the rich get richer.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on February 06, 2016, 01:03:19 AM
Its a shame everyone in this country I'm sure get a full days pay for working on a Holiday but not here. Thats a change that should be in our a new contract, ...

I already inquired about it ... it's not in the new contract, and it is a shame ... especially if you do a.m. and p.m.

PROUD MEMBER

worker341
You do realize that it's an extra 4 hrs as opposed to just 4 hrs. Eventhough it use to be an extra 8 hrs those of use who work on days that the BOE schools are closed get paid for 12 hrs each day you work with the exception of days during the February Presidents week which use to be a guaranteed week. If you work on days during that week you will get paid 8 hrs for each day worked plus if you work any day that week you should also get paid for the Holiday as long as you worked the Friday before and the your 1st scheduled day that week.

Squid

Worker 341. May I suggest a remedial course in mathematics.
Yes Neil gets paid for the day. He does not get paid 2 days for the day.
If he pays 4 hrs for the Am and another 4 hrs for the PM driver, in addition to their reg days pay then it cost him 2 days pay to cover the run. He only gets paid for one day.

Squid

Buzz,  are you saying we will lose the 4 hrs with the new contract?
I thought we were getting things back
Not giving up more.
I have a real bad feeling about this deal

Buzz

Quote from: Squid on February 06, 2016, 03:32:00 AM
Buzz,  are you saying we will lose the 4 hrs with the new contract?
I thought we were getting things back
Not giving up more.
I have a real bad feeling about this deal

No, I am saying the "change" in the contract to a day's pay that worker341 was hoping for is not there. It remains only 4 hours.

Buzz

Quote from: Squid on February 06, 2016, 03:29:19 AM

If he pays 4 hrs for the Am and another 4 hrs for the PM driver, in addition to their reg days pay then it cost him 2 days pay to cover the run. He only gets paid for one day.

Assuming you're right, (he maintains he doesn't get paid extra at all), let me ask you 2 questions:

1) We used to get a day's pay. Nothing changed for him, why did it for us?

2) Why should a driver who does both morning and afternoon get only the same 4 hours as the driver who just does one or the other?

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on February 06, 2016, 01:08:49 PM
Quote from: Squid on February 06, 2016, 03:29:19 AM

Assuming you're right, (he maintains he doesn't get paid extra at all), let me ask you 2 questions:

1) We used to get a day's pay. Nothing changed for him, why did it for us?

Buzz for president... very good point    :show: :show: :show: :show: :show:

2) Why should a driver who does both morning and afternoon get only the same 4 hours as the driver who just does one or the other?

PROUD MEMBER

Isn't it a little late for this conversation. We should have been talking about this before we approved the last MOA?

Buzz

Last contract we were willing to make concessions, you know ... so Neil could be more "competitive" in bidding.

I see no reason for it now.

(And this is how we are repaid for our understanding and cooperation in helping him "stay in business.")

LMR

Once again,in the dark with nothing but questions without the answers.#very sad,getting tired!

PROUD MEMBER

Al Pacino
"I'm in the dark here!"

worker341

Its true squid I  am not good in math, however there is no Union worker in this country that does not get time in a half at it worse for working on a holiday. At its best some get a  double days pay. One more thing you should always remember Being a Union member you never take the side of the boss. look what Neil did to us all and you are concerned about if he gets paid more or less for a Holiday. Really! He is a very rich man and he still took food off our Families table. Get smart never and I say it again never defend our boss again. He will fuck you and me with a snap of his finger. Neil already proved that to all of us.