New Referral Program

Started by Buzz, May 27, 2017, 03:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Yeah ... this should help  ;D

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Something tells me they still don't get it. It's not just getting them here ... it's KEEPING them here. Used to be there was a file drawer full of applications and almost NOBODY quit. How long will it take to figure out what the problem really is?

PROUD MEMBER

I won't get into detail but you acted the question. Could the start of the problem be a weak Union?

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 27, 2017, 10:13:09 AM
I won't get into detail but you acted the question. Could the start of the problem be a weak Union?

Could be, but if so, ask yourself what made it that way? The dime droppers that brought down our previous president and the muscle behind us that made us a strong union?

But, living in the present, ask yourself what the union was to do if nearly 90% of the membership accepted the current contract.

Also ... what prevents the employer from offering more than the contract stipulates ... or renegotiating it to that end?

Buzz

p.s. - But thanks for stirring the shit ... LOL.

PROUD MEMBER

Ur welcome
But I didn't start stirring the shit. I just put it on the stove to let it warm up. Eventually the stirrers will come. Then I'll raise the heat!

Fed Up

get rid of owen and there would no problem keeping people

worker341

The writing is on the wall. He wants only city workers so they can sign off on their medical so neil could save some big bucks and your medical payments will go up. I think the labor board should look into what he is trying to doand if it is legal. By the way the Union should not allow neil offering city workers money to sign off medical. I call this practice a legal bribe.

Stugots

If u don't sign this contract, the medical would be gone in thirty days, remember that Buzz.  Thats why 90% of the membership approved the contract.  They were holding us hostage!!!!  City workers aren't going to take this job for 17 dollars an hr.  Also, its a small island, everyone knows about Owen and they are going everywhere, but Pioneer.  Is there a reason he only goes after top-pay drivers????  It's all about the money.

Uncle Buck

When I tell retired friends what the starting salary is,they laugh!  Cashier's at Costco make more money than a bus driver at Pioneer. The union should tell every driver and every matron to NOT recommend anyone for this job until the owner starts paying  a livable wage! The union did a big disservice to all members when they started this old contract new contract bullshit. I happen to fall under the new contract. At minimum,the union and owner have got to work out an agreement where a Pay scale is put back in place.Also, not getting paid for holidays! This bonus referral program will be a bust like the last one.

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on May 29, 2017, 09:51:12 PM
If u don't sign this contract, the medical would be gone in thirty days, remember that Buzz.  Thats why 90% of the membership approved the contract. 

Yeah, I remember. And we'll be faced with the same dilemma next year when this contract is up. The one thing that will be different this time around is that there won't be a master list with a few hundred people that could take our place. Might make him a little more willing to compromise.

Buzz

Quote from: Uncle Buck on May 31, 2017, 12:24:04 AM
When I tell retired friends what the starting salary is,they laugh!  Cashier's at Costco make more money than a bus driver at Pioneer. The union should tell every driver and every matron to NOT recommend anyone for this job until the owner starts paying  a livable wage! The union did a big disservice to all members when they started this old contract new contract bullshit. I happen to fall under the new contract. At minimum,the union and owner have got to work out an agreement where a Pay scale is put back in place.Also, not getting paid for holidays! This bonus referral program will be a bust like the last one.

I don't know that the starting salary is so bad, it's that you guys have nothing to look forward to in the way of increases. I started 23 years ago at $11-and-change an hour but at least I knew in a few years I'd be making something decent. Plus, as you say, no holidays, etc., etc. If you guys don't see a big improvement next contract, I don't know why you would stay.

Uncle Buck

Absolutely Buzz, by the time this contract expires in July 2018, I will be here close to 5 years making 70 cents an hour more than someone who is a new hire! I need to see a substantial increase in pay to consider staying and believe me I'm not the only one. I can only imagine the shortage of drivers there is going to be after retirements this summer.

Uncle Buck

Buzz,the starting salary wouldn't be so bad if there was a pay scale in place.Members hired after April 1 2013 are at the mercy of the owner every contract.How many new hires have quit in the last few years because of the pay and lack of benefits.

yabba

lets not forget the new guy and girl also pays 9.5% of their salary for benefits too after 1 year if im not mistaken...