paid sick days

Started by worker341, March 29, 2013, 03:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

worker341

starting in April of 2014 Employers with 20 workers or more will have to give 5 sick days. Lets see how neil gets out off this one.Heard about this on the 10:00 news tonite. I think we are more then 20. lol   

Buzz

Won't be hard to get out of at all. We've been through this before ... every time the idea was floated. By it's own wording, it won't apply to us:

"The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to any employee covered by a bona fide collective bargaining agreement if (i) such provisions are expressly waived in such collective bargaining agreement and (ii) such agreement provides for a comparable benefit for the employees covered by such agreement, in the form of paid days off; such paid days off shall be in the form of leave, compensation, other employee benefits, or some combination thereof. Comparable benefits shall include, but are not limited to, vacation time, personal time, sick time, and holiday and Sunday time pay at premium rates. "

Here's the link. Scroll down to ยง 17-1513 Collective bargaining agreements.
http://legistar.council.nyc.gov/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=655220&GUID=8FEF6526-0C00-45D5-BD0B-617353F90F06
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Rock Steady

we didn't agree on this contract, it was given to us by Neil, there was no bargaining !

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on March 29, 2013, 12:42:13 PM
we didn't agree on this contract, it was given to us by Neil, there was no bargaining !

True, but I'm pretty sure there will be some agreed upon contract by the time this law takes effect.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

If I understand this bill correctly...it only goes into effect if at the time the economy shows signs of improving. If they go by the obama fed...it will be improving whether it is or isnt.. ..lmfao  :bomb:
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

4real

Quote from: Buzz on March 29, 2013, 01:03:27 PM
Quote from: Rock Steady on March 29, 2013, 12:42:13 PM

True, but I'm pretty sure there will be some agreed upon contract by the time this law takes effect.
with what the owners want back, hopefully the union is asking for sick days...

worker341

Neil can not have it both ways we have have a contract or not. old contract we have no sick days no contract we get sick days lol neil your day will come my family was without a vacation this spring break (no money) hope you stick.  them checks up your ass.