All ONE Except ONE

Started by Buzz, March 24, 2016, 12:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Ernie said today that all 1181 companies doing DOE work are under the SAME contract except for Reliant.

Another strike vote was taken at Reliant and it was almost unanimous (something like 1100 to 46 in favor) to strike. Might happen soon because they owe the union 11 million dollars for their employees' benefits.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

John Eadicicco

Buzz what does not make sense is the fact that 1181 is responsible for keeping track of all monies owed for health, welfare and pension. When a company is in arrears, 1181 is bound by fiduciary duty to notify D.O.E who then STOPS payment to contractor for it's work UNTILL the outstanding obligation is met!

Buzz

I hear you, John. I believe the DOE is well aware of this but why they haven't intervened long before Reliant's debt to the fund got this high is perplexing. Won't be surprised if a strike prompts Reliant to fold altogether and we're left holding the bag. The up-side is that if this happened Pioneer may well benefit by the addition of a couple hundred runs. (And maybe the city will learn that the lowest bidder may not be such a bargain in the long run.)

hognol

I believe Reliant is an 1181 company.  If they strike, do we go with them or do we cross the picket line?

Buzz

I believe they're on their own. We approved our contract. They didn't and this is their 4th strike vote.

Grrr

Anyone know what's happening with Reliant?

Stugots

I heard that the workers agreed to stay with the current contract for 2 months.  That would bring them to the end of the year.  Then what???   What about all the money they owe??  What the hell is going on?  They owe the medical.  Will the city help them???    Anybody know anything???

buddy

RELIANTS SIGNED A CONTRACT UNTILL 6/30/16 SO THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR EMPLOYEES MEDICAL FOR JULY AND AUGUST AGAIN, AS THEY DID IN PRIOR YEARS

Grrr

Did they get a $1.68 a day raise and no pension increase?

yabba

:thumbup: :thumbup:  what about the promising EPP for the last few years,oh wait now its better the city taking us over... rotlmfao 

Quote from: Grrr on April 14, 2016, 06:08:53 PM
Did they get a $1.68 a day raise and no pension increase?

Buzz

They'll continue working until the end of June. The company has requested another grant to keep paying 1181 wages.

The EPP is still a distinct possibility, in which case Reliant would renegotiate it's contract with the city.

If neither of the above happens, the company will likely go belly-up.

John Eadicicco

The reason Reliant got the grant in the first place is because they threw a boatload of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ into deBlasio's Non-profit corporation!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: