this is funny

Started by Just_Right, November 23, 2016, 03:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just_Right

‎Fernando Melendez‎ to UNITED DRIVER"S & MATRON"S ASSOC / INDEPENDENT
8 hrs ยท
GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!
I just received a flyer in the mail from one of the other slates and my jaw dropped open. I have never seen a more unprofessional offering. First of all the pictures looked like a bunch of bad selfie's shot in a basement after a holiday party. Some so blurred the person was unrecognizable another just needed a number under his picture, it so much looked like a mug shot.
But that's not what surprised me the most. What did was their credentials or lack there of. "Director of a Bowling hall of fame "- For real?
"Vice President of a coop" this makes you qualified to represent us? Crazy.
When Henriot Jean-Louis is on your ticket a one term "Shop Steward" who can't walk and talk at the same time. One who has had the most basic of functions of a Shop Steward like the assigning of trips taken away from him on various occasions and who has been suspended for serious infractions,a "Shop Steward" who spends his days playing dominoes instead of doing his job.If he is on your slate then you have problems. Do I want this Rag-tag bunch of misfits representing me before the owners, before Politicians, union leaders and leaders in the community. I don't think so! Do I want to allow them to decide my future as a driver and be in control of my pension? NO WAY!
Now let's compare that to just one of the Delegates on the Cordiello slate Jimmy Hedge. (I have included his bio below). Besides these facts as ALL of you know Jimmy is an incredibly hard working member of the executive board who not only is highly respected in this industry but is also incredibly knowledgeable about the political, economic and social aspects of our industry. You go just about anywhere, DOE or City counsel or the Mayors office and he is known. Why because he has been fighting in these arenas for years.
His qualifications alone make it impossible to vote for one of the other slates. Use your heads and make your vote count.

John Eadicicco What have you accomplished in life besides throw stones? Why don't you include that I am retired NYPD and former delegate of PBA .... Yes I am the director of SI Bowling Hall of Fame which raises and donate scholarships to children in need... yes I volunteer on the Teddy Atlas Foundation where ALSO are a major fundraiser for needy families on Staten Island.... What do you do except denigrate people?

Fernando Melendez John
that is exactly why I am not running , because I felt unqualified and even though I have some years experience with Labor I would like to have more before I could imagine taking on the responsibility of representing the thousands of our members.

Fernando Melendez
Delegate PBA? What years please, I understand you were a shop steward

PROUD MEMBER

So I guess this country which has gone down hill over the last 8 years because of Obama (who many of us on this site have blamed) will get even worse. Reason being Trump (who many of us on this site voted for) has no experience!

Stugots

Like Cordiello, the Great Negotiator, has experience in givebacks.   

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 23, 2016, 11:28:50 AM
So I guess this country which has gone down hill over the last 8 years because of Obama (who many of us on this site have blamed) will get even worse. Reason being Trump (who many of us on this site voted for) has no experience!

The difference being Trump KNOWS what he DOESN'T KNOW and will surround himself with brilliant people who DO. Same can't be said for the other slates. (Far from it ... VERY far.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
U shock me with your response. Just two weeks ago I personally told you a question I had asked one of Michael's delegates. And your response to his answer was "Did he really say that?" You were is disbelieve. Then you said "It doesn't make a difference what the delegate said, I'm voting for Michael."  So I guess there's a double standard. It makes a difference who Salerno or Catalano surround themselves with but it doesn't make a difference who Michael surrounds himself with. Furthermore I seriously doubt that anyone who voted for Trump was thinking "I'm voting for Trump because I know he's going to surround himself with brilliant people.

Buzz

You used quotation marks, but I don't think those were my words exactly. Nonetheless, I would not vote for another slate just because of an inaccurate statement by a delegate. More importantly, there is not another candidate for president who could hold a candle to Michael. You see, they DON'T know what they don't know ... they haven't the slightest idea! If you believe their bullshit, fine. If you're willing to gamble your pension on either of them, so be it ... I just hope you didn't gamble mine!

And, I DID vote for Trump because I knew he would surround himself with people who knows what he doesn't.

(And hold onto that click pen!)

PROUD MEMBER

I know exactly what you said. I also feel that you are playing with words. I also know no matter who any of us vote for we are all gambling with our pensions. I didn't say I believe anybody's bullshit. Just like I didn't say who I voted for. All I do on this site, other 1181 sites and in person is try and learn the most that I can to help improve myself and this Union. I do that in a respectful positive way by listening to all including you. It's called be fair unlike you and others who just constantly bash others. I as well as you can give a LIST of negatives and positives for all 3 candidates but you will only post negatives for two and positives for one. Your like a racing horse with blinders on.
As always it's good talking with you. Gets the blood circulating. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. See U Monday.

Buzz

All I can say is, I look at the hourly rate on my paycheck and I know who got it for me.

...And it wasn't Salerno or Catalano.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

John Eadicicco

Yeah .......your hourly rate which is now $2.00 hr Below the MTA who at one time we had parity with!!!!!!!!!!! :cry2:

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on November 24, 2016, 06:02:31 AM
Yeah .......your hourly rate which is now $2.00 hr Below the MTA who at one time we had parity with!!!!!!!!!!! :cry2:

And who ratified the contract that broke parity (for a one-time signing bonus)? WE DID.

But I know, Salerno will wave his magic wand and *POOF* ... the owners will give us a $2 raise.

All that aside, Happy Thanksgiving, John.

Stugots

"Can't hold a candle to give-back Mike"  do you here yourself???  Stop drinking the Kool-Aid!!!!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  The EPP has got to be voted on by Sunday according to the Post editorial Tuesday.  Just thought everyone should know.  Why didn't the union inform us?? 

John Eadicicco

Buzz, you have to STOP posting this funny stuff you come up with! The MTA broke parity with US BECAUSE they did not want to be associated with a local that was under investigation by the FBI and others back in the day. You post S..T misinforming members about that contract. Sal Battaglia told us at a meeting, in which I was present, that WE WERE breaking parity so we could negotiate a better contract than what the TA was offering it's members. I took the mic at this meeting and asked Sal to reconsider. Well it fell on deaf ears, and today the MTA makes $2.00 per hr. more than us.........Good job Huh? Did you take time out of your day to ask Tommy Salerno, when he was campaigning at Pioneer, what he was going to do to advance our agenda? Or do you just post WHATEVER the Cordiello slate tells you to?

Buzz

The MTA broke parity with us? What does that even mean? And yes, it was a contract ... under Sal ... that WE RATIFIED. So where's the misinformation?

An no, I did not talk to Salerno. Prefer to leave the fairy tales to Mother Goose.

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on November 24, 2016, 03:38:59 AM
All I can say is, I look at the hourly rate on my paycheck and I know who got it for me.

...And it wasn't Salerno or Catalano.

And when the paychecks stop, and they will stop one day,  that's when you'll see how bad our pension is. And that's on Cordiello.