How Long Did You Wait on Line for the Shot?

Started by Buzz, January 17, 2021, 01:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I don't understand. We were given appointment "slots." Why should there be 2 hours of waiting on line? This is going to SUCK! Anybody?

https://www.silive.com/coronavirus/2021/01/long-waits-for-covid-19-vaccine-reported-on-1st-day-of-2-si-hubs.html?fbclid=IwAR1hyzDMu_YaCtDXkqKZe-nFzTIgijiLc2BeVg0GY4lDqTbu9K4OivNAQfM
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I don't understand either. Hopefully it's because today was the first day.

Hammer2161

Buzz, I had an appointment at Port Richmond HS yesterday and yes the wait was two hours or better. They did apologize and stated the reason for the delay was the inability to get the computer side of the process up and running for almost two hours along with it being the first day for the site being open. I also think part of the problem was their kindness towards the elderly. They were showing up early and playing the game saying they couldn't stand and they needed to sit. So then they were brought inside and eventually they jumped the line and got their shot long before their appointed time. And trust me there were plenty of them that played the game. But most people that were on that line waited for their appointed time to be called. I got there 3:15 for a 3:30 appointment and my time was not called till around 5:40. Hopefully it gets better.

faceit

When did you receive the WR code email I have an appointment this morning and still haven't received it ... but I do have a I'd code
All lives matter

OMG

Well, I hope things aren't the same at SI Tech next week. Their instructions are pretty precise in the confirmation email.

Hammer2161

Faceit , they didn't ask for the QR code but if you want to be sure log in to the Vaccinepod site that's where the additional questions are. After you answer them they will send you another email with the QR code.

All they asked for was your ID number and your drivers license. I suggest bringing your OPT card and a pay stub just in case.

PROUD MEMBER

Face it
Let us know if they take u without a QR code

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on January 17, 2021, 03:04:28 PM
Faceit , they didn't ask for the QR code but if you want to be sure log in to the Vaccinepod site that's where the additional questions are. After you answer them they will send you another email with the QR code.

The only options I see are to reschedule or cancel. My expectations from the city weren't very high to begin with.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on January 17, 2021, 01:34:42 PM
I also think part of the problem was their kindness towards the elderly. They were showing up early and playing the game saying they couldn't stand and they needed to sit. So then they were brought inside and eventually they jumped the line and got their shot long before their appointed time.

Well, I'm old. If I have to I'll play that game too. Anybody got a cane I can borrow?  ;D

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on January 17, 2021, 06:07:29 PM
Quote from: Hammer2161 on January 17, 2021, 01:34:42 PM
I also think part of the problem was their kindness towards the elderly. They were showing up early and playing the game saying they couldn't stand and they needed to sit. So then they were brought inside and eventually they jumped the line and got their shot long before their appointed time.

Well, I'm old. If I have to I'll play that game too. Anybody got a cane I can borrow?  ;D

cane is no excuse...   ;D ;D  many years ago we had a driver that always walked with a cane...  he got around better then all of us ..   :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

faceit

I ended up login back in answering the questions and a few minutes later got the QR when I went there they did ask for it
All lives matter

Hammer2161

I don't believe that the additional questions you need to answer are available on the vaccinepod site until the morning of the day you are scheduled to receive the vaccination.

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on January 17, 2021, 07:37:06 PM
I ended up login back in answering the questions and a few minutes later got the QR when I went there they did ask for it

I don't understand where you saw the option to do that. All I see is "Reschedule" or "Cancel." See attached. (Click to enlarge)

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on January 17, 2021, 10:51:08 PM
I don't believe that the additional questions you need to answer are available on the vaccinepod site until the morning of the day you are scheduled to recurve the vaccination.

I think you're right.

Hammer2161

Buzz when are you scheduled to get the shot ?