6/18 EPP Update

Started by Buzz, June 19, 2015, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Stugots

Can anyone tell me whats going on in the assembly, that we have to call Senator Flanagan.  Anyone have any details.  It would be nice to have a little more information for the members. 

Buzz

SENATE VOTES TODAY!!!

Call 518-455-2071

To Stugots: Passed assembly. Just need it to pass the senate and be signed by Cuomo.

Stugots

Buzz

The vote on this bill has been postponed until Tuesday. If you haven't already called the above number, please do so Monday. Word is that the bill was well-received in the Senate and that Michael remains very optimistic about a positive outcome on Tuesday.

Let's hope ...

PROUD MEMBER

Anyone who hasn't called the State Senate today is your last chance to do so. Do it early this morning. For those of you who may think it's a waste of time DON'T!! Just think back to being on the strike line. Then the BEST & FINAL OFFER. Then the thousands of Members who lost their jobs (we could be next). Then the fortunate who stayed working but took cuts. Then the SEPERATE CONTRACTS between the Union & each of the contractors. ALL of the above was directly or indirectly caused by the removal of the EPP!! It's very simple whether you believe it will or will not make a difference it can't hurt pick up the phone or send an email RIGHT THIS MINUTE.

PROUD MEMBER

Does anyone know whether or not the EPP was voted on today? If it was, what was the outcome?

Rock Steady

Just from past experience, no news is usually not good news.  These guys usually resort immediately to bragging rights, but I hope I'm wrong. I can sure use some good news for once.  it's been a few years since we had some.

Buzz

No word as of close of session Tuesday 5:30 p.m. Another session at 3 p.m. today.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz

The bill had gone back to the assembly (reason unknown) and was passed. It is now again on the Senate floor. Ernie says to keep calling NOW!!!

PROUD MEMBER

PROUD MEMBER

Well it's official the Senate voted down the EPP. Let's hope something can be worked out in future legistration before the end of this upcoming 3 year contract. If not at least something on the City Level with the Mayor. Bloomberg took it away I assume deBlasio can put it back. God Bless the Members  of Local 1181 and their families.

Goose623

Can we get a list of the senators that voted no..

PROUD MEMBER

Apparently according to our Local delegates the letter dated 6/26/15 does NOT mean that the Senate voted the EPP DOWN. It means they didn't vote on it yet. Read it yourself and see what u think it says