Payroll Next Week

Started by Buzz, April 10, 2019, 03:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Regarding checks coming out on 4/25 just before the Easter break:

We will get our regular paycheck, our Ratification Bonus and ... for those to whom it applies ... our Easter accrual.

Correction to yesterday's post: Our new contract raise, and increased deductions for medical and pension will be reflected beginning this week. (For pay period ending 4/5, checks dated 4/12).

Please note: The retro (to Jan. 1) for the medical will not be deducted from our Ratification Bonus as we were previously told. Instead, the increased deduction will be taken starting with this week's paycheck (as stated above) and $60 will be deducted from accrual checks for that purpose.

Those who do not get accrual will not have to pay the retro medical, thanks to an agreement (separate from the contract) that 1181 made with Neil. This is only fair, I feel, since these people have already been paying much more than everybody else for as long as they've worked here. The increase will be deducted from their paychecks beginning this week, just like everyone else.

Is everybody happy?   :))

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I understand when you say our new contract raises will be reflected in those paychecks but I have a question. Are you saying that those checks will be the FIRST ones to represent our raises? The reason I ask is because I was under the understanding that the new contract was ratified on 3/29  and went into affect on 4/1. Which means this Friday's (4/12) check should have our raises and new medical & pension deductions in it.

yabba

i was hoping to see 28.00 this week  i need new shoes   ;D ;D ;D

PROUD MEMBER

U might be hoping but I'm serious. That's a big difference especially for "new hires." If it goes into affect in this week's check they will save $45 in medical and make $72 more in their pay.

yabba

i was under the same impression you were proud member...raise should start from last monday  ... this friday would be first pay period...i will say no matter what pioneer will pay us what we deserve,,if not this friday,next friday we will have all monies owed..

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on April 10, 2019, 10:24:09 AM
I understand when you say our new contract raises will be reflected in those paychecks but I have a question. Are you saying that those checks will be the FIRST ones to represent our raises? The reason I ask is because I was under the understanding that the new contract was ratified on 3/29  and went into affect on 4/1. Which means this Friday's (4/12) check should have our raises and new medical & pension deductions in it.

Yes ...  please note the correction above ... contract raises and increased deductions will begin with this week's check.

It was a miscommunication. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Buzz

Yabba ... read my reply to PROUD MEMBER. I apologize for the confusion.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on April 10, 2019, 03:28:37 PM
U might be hoping but I'm serious. That's a big difference especially for "new hires." If it goes into affect in this week's check they will save $45 in medical and make $72 more in their pay.

How do you figure saving $45? Are you talking about the retro? That's $60. I know you're pretty good at those math puzzles on Facebook, but I'm confused.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on April 10, 2019, 03:14:03 PM

Please tell me where you get shoes for $28. K-Mart closed.   ;D ;D ;D

Besides, after taxes and other deductions we'll be lucky to see $15 take home. Are you ordering them from China?   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on April 10, 2019, 04:02:45 PM

Besides, after taxes and other deductions well be lucky to see $15 take home. Are you ordering them from China?   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kinney's    :o :o :o

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on April 10, 2019, 03:54:26 PM
Yabba ... read my reply to PROUD MEMBER. I apologize for the confusion.

thanks Buzz...  i still have faith in getting what we rightfully deserve....neil may not be his father but once a contract is signed we always receive what we are due within a reasonable time frame.. things may have changed a lot  but we still are lucky enough to work for the better of the contractors...

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on April 10, 2019, 04:35:19 PM
Quote from: Buzz on April 10, 2019, 04:02:45 PM

Kinney's    :o :o :o

LOL! That's a bargain ... especially considering the shoes I wear for work now are $140 if not on sale.  They actually have 3 coil springs in each heel and completely relieved me of the pain I used to get in my heels. They're called Gravity Defyer and well worth even the full price if anybody else has that problem. ( https://www.gravitydefyer.com/ )

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on April 10, 2019, 04:39:34 PM
thanks Buzz...  i still have faith in getting what we rightfully deserve....neil may not be his father but once a contract is signed we always receive what we are due within a reasonable time frame.. things may have changed a lot  but we still are lucky enough to work for the better of the contractors...

Very true ... even for as much as we bitch and moan.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PROUD MEMBER

No Buzz I am not talking about the retro. New hires under the old contract we're paying 9.5% of their gross pay into their medical. Which was a gross pay of $728.42 for 40hrs.  9.5% of that is $69.20 a week for medical. Under the new contract they (just like us) will now be paying $30.95 a week.  $69.20-$30.95=$38.25  So I was a little off in my numbers earlier. It's not $45 it's $38.25 for a 40hr week that the new hires will be saving in medical. Still a substantial difference. Plus if they work more than 40hrs it's still a set $30.95 a week opposed to 9.5% of their gross.

Buzz

Oh ... ok ... I see where you got that.