Blaz: Decision on Schools Soon

Started by Buzz, April 09, 2020, 08:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on April 11, 2020, 04:04:50 PM
yabba
My thoughts exactly

well now we need some definate answers....  this is our benefits,our wages,our accural wages owed to us on june 15th..  our families living depend on this and we need definates....  is this money the companies getting from city takes them through june ???  or we going to get another email next month... 

PROUD MEMBER

My understanding of what has been said by Michael and the DOE representative is that the contractors will continue to get paid 85% through the end of this school year. In turn the Legacy companies which include Pioneer will also continue to pay its employees 85% throughout the remainder of the school year (or at least until the end of the guaranteed 39 weeks). Having said that anything is possible and could change. Obviously I hope not!

yabba

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on April 11, 2020, 05:01:21 PM
My understanding of what has been said by Michael and the DOE representative is that the contractors will continue to get paid 85% through the end of this school year. In turn the Legacy companies which include Pioneer will also continue to pay its employees 85% throughout the remainder of the school year (or at least until the end of the guaranteed 39 weeks). Having said that anything is possible and could change. Obviously I hope not!

i agree with you...lets hope a curve ball dont get thrown

Buzz

Sit tight guys.  Just spoke to Ernie and there will be an executive board phone conference Monday morning. As of right now, everything is "status quo." I'll let you know what transpired as soon as I hear from him Monday.

Enjoy your Easter, everybody.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Sit tight is right because according to the Governor it is his decision (during this emergency) and not the Mayor's with regards to school closings. And according to him there has NOT been any decision as to when the schools will reopen or to how long they will remain closed.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on April 11, 2020, 06:16:07 PM
Sit tight is right because according to the Governor it is his decision (during this emergency) and not the Mayor's with regards to school closings. And according to him there has NOT been any decision as to when the schools will reopen or to how long they will remain closed.

Yep. I posted his video in a separate thread.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.