Decision on Accural Answer Postponed

Started by Buzz, June 08, 2020, 10:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

I have to disagree with you. The second school is ready to reopen so will Neil. He'll fight for what the City owes him but he's not going to let that stop him from makings (grossing) 8 or 9 million a month!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 11, 2020, 12:40:58 AM
I have to disagree with you. The second school is ready to reopen so will Neil. He'll fight for what the City owes him but he's not going to let that stop him from makings (grossing) 8 or 9 million a month!

So you're saying he would open without getting the back money owed? You might be right, but I think the coalition would stick together and demand payment before providing service. They already got burned by the city once. They're no fools.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I don't think they're gonna let themselves get burned again. If the City contacts the contractors and says we're going to resume classes in September, I'm sure the contractors will make sure they receive payment for September by the last day of August and so on for every month following even if they have settled on April or any other months they believe are owed to them. They will go to arbitration or court if they didn't already for that money and just wait for a decision. As I said I seriously doubt that they would jeopardize the remaining part of their multimillion dollar contracts. That's like saying if schools were to reopen in September and the Neil and the other contractors were to agree to reopen that 1181 is going to say that it's members are not coming back unless we get are accrual checks first (that's assuming that we didn't already get them). Of course not, we'll return to work and wait as long as it takes for arbitration.

PROUD MEMBER

In my last comment I meant to say even if they "haven't" settled on April. Not "have"

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 11, 2020, 01:31:12 PM
In my last comment I meant to say even if they "haven't" settled on April. Not "have"

Pro Tip: Next time just click "Modify" on your post and you can correct it there.  :wink_cheesy:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.