Any Word on Junior Highs?

Started by Buzz, December 31, 2020, 07:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I purposely don't watch any of dB's press conferences ... has he mentioned opening junior highs at all?

Checked IS 24's website ... all it says it that full remote will continue on the 4th.

IS 2's calendar shows all of January full remote ... but who knows if that right.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

My guess is JHS and HS will be closed for at least another 2 months and possibly for the rest of this school calendar year.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 31, 2020, 08:40:02 PM
My guess is JHS and HS will be closed for at least another 2 months and possibly for the rest of this school calendar year.

Ya' think so? I thought it was just a matter of getting enough test kits. Who knows ...

OMG

I checked a couple of IS's and they gave group A going Monday. Like 7 & 75

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on January 02, 2021, 06:06:24 PM
I checked a couple of IS's and they gave group A going Monday. Like 7 & 75

I think they're just not good about updating their websites.

Eucerin

Are Junior Highs opening Monday?

Eucerin

Do we go to the stops, for intermediate schools?

steady

Yabba where did you get the info about junior high not opening!

steady

I would recommend everyone to go in early and read what Owen posts in the morning around 5:30 am to get things right.

yabba

i would think it would have been annouced on the news that IS schools in NYC were going to open...

PROUD MEMBER

I'm sure JHS & HS's are still closed. When the Mayor reopened the elementary Public Schools he stated that JHS & HS will be closed until further notice. As yabba said it would have been on the news.

Buzz

I would tend to agree with you guys but better check the window tomorrow just to be sure.

I only say that because the DOE website says,
"Mon, Jan 04, 2021
Return from Winter Recess
All Day  All NYC DOE Schools"

Notice it says "All." But thery're fucked up so who knows ...

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/calendar/contentdetails/2021/01/04/default-calendar/return-to-learning

PROUD MEMBER

Just texted 311 at 4:30am this morning 1/4/21. Was told that only the pre-k, k-5 elementary and district 75 schools are reopening this morning for in person  learning.
It goes on to state "Full day remote learning continues for students in all other grades."
Obviously still double check with the office!

Buzz

Yeah, I figured whoever edits the website was just being stupid. Could have avoided any confusion by just putting in the words "elementary and Dist. 75."  Thanks.