OPT Cop: No shop

Started by Buzz, March 09, 2012, 10:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Just when you think it can't get any more absurd ... driver from Sharrott's wants to come into the yard because, after checking his buzzers, an emergency window won't stay closed ... this is BEFORE THE MORNING RUN. Inspector tells him he can't go to the shop and get it fixed now because an inspection is in progress.

So the question is: What the hell is the sense of doing a pre-trip inspection if you can't get a defect taken care of on the morning of an inspection?

I swear I think Rod Serling is alive and well and running OPT.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

So whats the answer to a defect that happens on your pre trip or happens during the morning run when you get back,Said Violation gets issued and the driver is still responsible for something he sees and would want corrected?
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

If it's before you leave in the morning, the best thing is to radio the office and let it be their call.

If it's after the morning run and it's something like a light bulb, you won't be responsible ... that is if it's ONE, not FOUR (yes, there was one yesterday!) If it's something like rust on the steps that you never wrote up, well, that didn't just happen during the morning run so you might have a problem.

Amazing how many guys put a noose around their own necks because they just won't write stuff up! Saw guys on line with windows that don't close all the way ... asked if they wrote them up. Nope. My advice was being it was a warm day to just open them and a few others. As far as I know there were no violations for windows.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.