unemployment insurance problem

Started by Deegboy, July 04, 2014, 03:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deegboy

Just opened  new claim and it is telling me that my Monetary Benift Determination is showing   .00 for at least two quarters. anyone else?

rc1790

You have to call them. I was told that pioneer did not report my earnings. I had to fax the last pay stubs from december and march.

gigi11744

and it takes about three weeks to catch up  maybe less if lucky

Grrr

If you do call them, tell them it's been 16 years since they raised the unemployment amount to $405.  Ask them if we could get a raise.  Things have gone up a little since 1998.

Grrr

A fellow driver just sent me this.  We get a big $15 raise next year. 

NYS State Unemployment Benefits Increase:

Unemployment benefits in New York will increase gradually from the current minimum of $405 per week to:
October 1, 2014 – $420
October 1, 2015 – $425
October 1, 2016 – $430
October 1, 2017 – $435
October 1, 2018 – $450
October 1, 2019 – 36% of Average Weekly Wage (AWW)
October 1, 2020 – 38% of AWW
October 1, 2021 – 40% of AWW
October 1, 2022 – 42% of AWW
October 1, 2023 – 44% of AWW
October 1, 2024 – 46% of AWW
October 1, 2025 – 48% of AWW
October 1, 2026 – 50% of AWW

Rock Steady

Is this happening to everyone who opens a new claim ?  Has anyone opened a new claim and not had an issue ?

Buzz

I had the issue. Had to fax December's and June's pay stubs to them?

Pioneer says it's their fault, but the lady at unemployment said they get their figures from NYS tax rolls. She said any mistake would have to have been on payroll's part.  :devil: :devil: :devil:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

worker341

Count me in too I had  to do the same, man did they fuck up (Pioneer) Need the money in the summer and I can't seem to get it. Thank you Pioneer.

Grrr

Did anybody's claim go through correctly?   

gigi11744

their were a bunch of us at the easter break that had problems 

Eucerin

Just open a new book this Monday...when I checked my History with Unemployment today Wednesday all I see is :
Weekly Benefit Amount:   $0.00
Maximum Amount Payable:   $0.00
Remaining Balance:   $0.00

Do I have a problem yet or is it still in pending status? What is the first signal that I am in trouble and will not be getting Unemployment??

worker341

Call unemployment see what quarter of income you are missing then call Pioneer and tell them to send out the quarter they need to get your unemployment rolling again this will take time could take up to 3 weeks before you see any money, good luck. Pioneer fucks up our money again.

Eucerin

I wonder why Pioneer would not correct the mistake on their own...without a request by the employee? Make's one think!

Squid

Same problem for me. Anyone have the phone number for unemployment?

gigi11744

Eucerin

Just received my Unemployment Monetary Benefit Determination from NYS Department of labor...Basic Base Quarter 04/01-06/30  2013  $0.00 reported .... Alternate Base Quarter 10/01 - 12/31 2013  $0.00 reported...other Quarter's reported correctly in 2014  which earned me a weekly benefit rate.... not sure how or if I want to have the missing quarter's corrected ...

Goose623

Pioneer sucks the union sucks... Why can't we can't get any info on whats going on??????can we as of pioneer vote to get rid of 1181 and join the teamsters???? If pioneer gets extended with there contract I for one want to join the teamsters... 1181 has proved they are weak and can't get the job done......

PROUD MEMBER

It doesn't take three weeks. When I tried to open my my book on-line it said there was a problem & call. I repeatedly called that same day and within 20 mins got through. The representative told me that Pioneer did not submit certain quarterly earning. In order to fix the problem she gave me three options.
1. Unemployment will contact Pioneer to get the correct earnings.
2. I should tell Pioneer to contact Unemployment.
3. I personally fax to Unemployment a copy of my last pay stub for the month(s) of which the quarterly earnings were not reported.

I choose step 3 and on that same day faxed three pay stubs for the quarters in question. You have to write your SS# and circle the check date on each stub.

After the usual waiting week I received my money the following week and every week since. Although it was Pioneer's fault & an inconvenience to me it was all done in about 2hrs and I've received my benefits without missing a peat. I'm assuming because I chose step 3. If you do step 1 or 2 who knows how long it would take?

Eucerin

Will this effect my Social Security Benefits, as I believe my contribution to SS are also annually evaluated?

gigi11744

:)) after pioneer is done it would probably effect your bowel movement too

topgun

Had no problem, thought I did but today I see that everything is ok

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on August 08, 2014, 07:27:41 AM
Pioneer sucks the union sucks... Why can't we can't get any info on whats going on??????can we as of pioneer vote to get rid of 1181 and join the teamsters???? If pioneer gets extended with there contract I for one want to join the teamsters... 1181 has proved they are weak and can't get the job done......

This is the union's fault? I would say it's the payroll company's, but some of the quarters involved are the new payroll company's and some are the old. Not sure who is to blame, but certainly 1181 has nothing to do with it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.