no pay check...lol..

Started by yabba, February 20, 2015, 06:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Steady

Exactly, just like I said. We are entitled to sick days unless they are negotiated away. When our contract ends we can get sick days, Cordiello can get rid of the "evergreen clause" and get us sick days. Like I said, the only way we don't get them is by letting them be negotiated away along with February week, Easter week, summer days, over time, etc.

John Eadicicco

Pioneer HAS the BEST contract in the industry!!!!!!!

John Eadicicco

PROUD MEMBER

At this time I really don't think you can even call it an Industry anymore! Hopefully the EPP will come back and MAYBE in time all 1181 members will once again be under ONE CONTRACT. Right now unfortunately it's just a few hundred workers here & there throughout NYC each struggling separately against 15 to 20 contractors. I don't exactly consider that an Industry!!!

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on February 24, 2015, 02:01:09 AM
Exactly, just like I said. We are entitled to sick days unless they are negotiated away. When our contract ends we can get sick days, Cordiello can get rid of the "evergreen clause" and get us sick days. Like I said, the only way we don't get them is by letting them be negotiated away along with February week, Easter week, summer days, over time, etc.

OK, but it won't happen in our lifetimes ... no matter who's in the union.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Sad to say, once something is taken away very hard to get that back if at all.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Rock Steady

I don't know about that. for a while we were cut down to 3 summer accrual checks for some new employees.  And a few years later Sal got one back and it capped at 4. so it can be done.  It's called "Tough Negotiating". I know we haven't seen that in a while.

mirrorcheck

Rock steady...I hope you are right. That was Sal and that was that era. Things have changed. The owner won't give anything back once he has it Post Sal Era.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.