EPP

Started by PROUD MEMBER, March 05, 2015, 05:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Can anyone confirm with certainty. I hear that Mayor deBlasio has put out the remaining bids without the EPP. If true this is such a shame and apparently this guy is no better than Bloomberg. What happened to waiting for the State to make a decision?

Buzz

I can confirm with certainty that it is absolutely NOT true. As per Ernie, as per Michael.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Thanks Buzz
Just FYI it appears the article was written by Sandy English. Ur speedy reply is appreciated.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 05, 2015, 07:09:47 PM
Thanks Buzz
Just FYI it appears the article was written by Sandy English. Ur speedy reply is appreciated.

Where was the article? Link?

24yrs1181

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2015/03/05/nysb-m05.html,,,,,,,,, New York City mayor bids out final school bus routes without job protections

Buzz

Thanks ... found it as you were posting.

Nothing has changed. Still deferred until May 1.

http://schools.nyc.gov/Offices/DCP/Vendor/RFB/Default.htm

As mentioned earlier, Ernie called Michael and was told this rumor is NOT true and the mayor is 100% behind us.

24yrs1181

I wrote this in April and sent it to all the important news papers, the only response was the Amsterdam news, we make a career out of getting up at 4:00 in the morning for such an responsible service to our community and this city and as our reward we are to be always surrounded be liars , thief's, betrayal and corruption. On this snow day I think of the perfect  storm that came down upon  our industry and forced upon us to have to give back so much earned by years of continued dedication and a quality of work unmatched by any other city in this country, THE PERFECT STORM OF GREEDY CONTRACTORS, PHONY POLITICIANS , AND UNRESPECTED WEAK UNION LEADERSHIP. I am aware of the feelings of loyalty to our current union leadership by the majority of the people on this site and I respect the fact that everyone here has EARNED their right to express their opinion, so have I. For what it's worth, This is was what I wrote 10 months ago in response to an article about the Mayor and some rich actor talking about the merits of having the  carriage horses in Central Park while our jobs and careers were getting lined up to go from a profession to a part time transient unprofessional work force,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,People need to focus on what is really important to the truly needy of this city, sadly the mayor and Leam Nesson are pointed in the wrong direction,
Its just like people who have more money than good sense, why do these people who sit around with nothing better to do than picking up the latest trend of social issues they want to get involved in for that particular day, why don't they pick up a injustice that really serves their city and the handicapped children that live here, SO THERE YOU GO MR. AND MRS. SOCIAL ELITE, do something for a really good cause, stand behind the truly needy children in New York city and the hard working men and women that get up at 4:00 in the morning to safely transport them to school every day while you sleep in late, see what the last BUM of a mayor did to them and this city,and see how this new " EMPTY SUIT" of a mayor ,this mayor De Blasio is running away from his vote stealing campaign promises to the Amalgamated Transit Union and its membership of 12,000 men and women to REVERSE the unjust policies of the BUMBERG administration. Mayor DiBlasio has had 100 days in office and counting ,and he has not done a dam thing he promised the members of the AMALGAMATED TRANSIT UNION local 1181 during his election, he just sits by and continues to kill the careers and the pensions of thousands of school bus workers in this city in spite of the illusion of running for his office as a " PROGRESSIVE PRO WORKING GUY ADVOCATE ", give me a break, your just a member of " THE SAMS OLD CRAP " politician we always get stuck with, nothing special about you, HAY MR. MAYOR PEOPLE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DAM HORSES, My union leaders have also had their inept hands in this in letting this get as bad for the members as it has, but thanks to union elections their day will come, elections have consequences for our union representatives and also you Mr. Mayor , elections will come your way again too, in the mean time our pensions are going to disappear because of a billionaire mayor and his corrupt business cronies in the school bus industries continue to put profit before safety . All these years the school bus industry and New York City have enjoyed the benefit of the industry flourishing with the " EMPLOYEE PROTECTION PROVISION " THE " EPP " it has kept the senior professional drivers on the road despite companies that falter. I have seen many times city unions putting up full page adds about the issues that confront their members in the Daily News, the Post, why don't we see a advertisement from AMALGAMATED TRANSIT UNION local 1181 about how our brothers and sisters who have been safely and professionally transporting handicapped children in this city each and every day for 35 years with the EPP, and how the EPP has kept the city's children the safest transported school children in the country, and how we are now being victimized , victimized by the last administration, victimized by the current administration, victimized by their own union AND HOW OUR FUTURE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DAM HORSES !!!,, posted by John Israel & the 2014 Salerno Slate

PROUD MEMBER

24yrs1181
And John Israel if u r one in the same I don't know. Either way with regards to the last post I agree & disagree with parts of it. Obviously the next couple of months will tell us exactly where ALL involved really stand. I've been in this Local for 12 years now and have voted for and stood behind the current & past President and EB. That includes being behind SALERNO when he was a delegate. So r u saying in the past when he was a delegate that he was no good. Obviously our past President & EB did some wrong but let's not forget what they did right. Many of the things that we have lost are things that they negotiated for us to have in the first place. As far as Michael and the present board they ran into Bloomberg and I don't thing the outcome would have been any different if Tommy was the President. Don't get me wrong I think Tommy is good for this Local but since he lost his opportunities to become President he has changed. He should have just ran on the Slate under Michael. Furthermore as U state about elections. We have them and I stand behind whoever is elected. That's whether or not it is the people I voted for! Stop the separation and get on board if you are truly a Union Man. Then next election you do what you got to do.