Second Letter

Started by PROUD MEMBER, April 24, 2015, 01:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Rumor (I emphasize the word rumor) has it that those of us at Pioneer have nothing to worry about and that Neil will sign a contract to some type of extension before the end of June. Even if this rumor is not true why the second letter today?

sbdriver1

I'm asking the same question
Shouldn't our union have an explanation?

4real

P.S nice speech Andy about not doing the office any favors.... Hopefully you made the same speech to the guys who work in the office...You know who i mean all the guys with the shiney new buses!!!!!!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on April 24, 2015, 01:44:21 PM
Rumor (I emphasize the word rumor) has it that those of us at Pioneer have nothing to worry about and that Neil will sign a contract to some type of extension before the end of June. Even if this rumor is not true why the second letter today?

Law requires issuance at 90, 60 and 30 days.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Eucerin

the three pinks slips we will be getting are not the biggest problem.... it the 4th one I'm concerned about

Grrr

"The employees do not have bumping rights".

Can anyone explain this?.   And in the context of the letter, how would it effect us.?

gigi11744

bumping rites happen when there are lay offs or when jobs are eliminated a senior employee can bump a junior employee for his job slot .. i just cant understand why that was incerted since everyone will be terminated if this happens

Grrr

Quote from: gigi11744 on May 01, 2015, 03:50:47 PM
i just cant understand why that was incerted since everyone will be terminated if this happens

I thought the same thing.

24yrs1181

bumping rights

In a seniority system, the rights of workers with greater seniority whose jobs are abolished to replace (bump) workers with less seniority so that the worker who ultimately loses his/her job is not the worker whose job was abolished.
If the scenario existed where the union would let a contractor split there company in half, toss in the senior driver top heavy half back to BOE and keep what is left, less than senior drivers with less pay , the contract says that you do not have the option to stay with this contractor on that property by bumping, having a seniority pick to stay, this happened at Varsity, they split the co. Dumped the work, waited 6 months, and grabbed up more runs before the next pick. They split the company right at the point of vacation check eligibility. This is obviously not a good clause to have written into a contract.

Grrr

I had a feeling there was more to it.  Thanks for the info.