Mechanics

Started by PROUD MEMBER, May 06, 2015, 04:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

When it comes to a couple (and I stress the word couple) of mechanics at Pioneer SI sometimes I wish I was a different person with different morals. If so I would find then outside of work and teach them some manners. Fortunately for me & them I am not that type of person. What I'm talking about is when you pull your bus up to the shop (sometimes under the directions of the office) or into the yard anywhere and a mechanic without saying a word or asking you nicely starts screaming at you at the top of his lungs like your his dog that just pissed on his carpet. The best part is your 60 years old and he's 25. I guess respect your elders or respect your Union Brothers or just plain out being a nice person doesn't apply to SOME mechanics. For some reason at least to me it seems like Mechanics walk on water and Divers & Matrons walk on pins and needles. I think it's time that either Owen, Steve, Ernie or all three of them have a little talk with them. Maybe they need 2 refresher courses a year!

yabba

just ignore and laugh.. they feel they are above us,maybe if they could fix a bus then they could be above us... how they get away with not fixing buses is beyond me,but when there is inspection and we are threaten on the radio not to write the bus up on the 11th hour cause it will not be fixed...lol... why dont someone stick up for us and say what about when the drivers write the bus up numerous times for the same thing and nothing is repaired... just laugh and ignore every dog has its day..

4real

they stopped being union brothers the day they were told to cross the picket line by there  mohawked leader... those jerkoffs dont realize without DRIVERS they dont have a job!!!!!!!!!!!!

wheresmymoney!

its sad "union members" "union brothers" doesnt mean a thing anymore!!  one memvber will  go against another in a sec if it serves his/or her best interest. 

terminator

I think the best idea is to just REPORT EVERYTHING that is defective on your bus - as the rules say we should!
Obviously it protects you as a driver and the office will have to adress the backlog...lol

Grrr

The office should check the master defect sheet every day and make sure every defect has a mechanic's initials on it to show it was completed.

PROUD MEMBER

As far as fixing defects I couldn't tell you what the problem is. It could be lack of time in the day or lack of mechanics or possibly a couple of lazy mechanics or a combination of all. That's not my beef. As terminator said just write it up. My beef is the attitude that a couple of them have.

rc1790

Do not take the bus out until the defect is corrected. Have the office make the decision to use it. If it is done by everyone, action might be taken. Carrying unsigned defect slips doesnt mean much.

Golfnut

I'll never forget one day I wrote up my bus for 2 minor Defects, parked the bus in the Defect line, got a ride to Sharrotts, the next morning got a ride from Sharrotts to AKR. Got in my bus and neither Defect was fixed and there was a Boot Print on the Defect sheet and it was stuck to the front of my garbage Pail on the Bus !

PS. I know the exact 25 year old Mechanic that yelled at you because he's done it to me ! I just laughed it off and said " What a Di(k! To myself !

Buzz

You guys probably are just not tipping them enough!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I don't know if you're kidding or not. After all they are our UNION brothers and they're just doing their jobs. Still I use to tip them all the time. Not anymore. If they all had the attitude like Eddie the fueler I'm sure that shop would run a lot smoother, the defects would get fixed a lot quicker and drivers even though they shouldn't have to would tip them a lot more.

PROUD MEMBER

PS: I just want to make it clear I'm not talking about all the mechanics.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 08, 2015, 02:49:18 PM
Buzz
I don't know if you're kidding or not. After all they are our UNION brothers and they're just doing their jobs. Still I use to tip them all the time. Not anymore. If they all had the attitude like Eddie the fueler I'm sure that shop would run a lot smoother, the defects would get fixed a lot quicker and drivers even though they shouldn't have to would tip them a lot more.

I was kidding that you should tip them ... not kidding that some drivers actually do!  (A practice that should be banned!)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.