Contract(s)

Started by PROUD MEMBER, June 09, 2015, 11:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Has Neil officially signed with the City yet? If not when? If yes have we started negotiations yet?

gigi11744

heard the 19 of june but who knows

worker341

I don't think he will sign any contract yet he is not done cutting our summer checks yet. I think when our summer checks are given out then maybe and only then will he sign anything. Thats just what I think not a fact.

Rock Steady

Don't really know what there is to negotiate. If we don't get back what we gave up "in good faith", to assist our boss become more competitive with bidding (though bidding never happened) We don't roll.  And if the Mayors office questions us for striking even after he worked to get us an extension, our answer should be, "Mr. Mayor, my people gave up thousands of dollars of their salary "in good faith" to the Greedy Owners so they could be more competitive during the bidding to keep their jobs" .  And the Mayor would probably say, "but Michael I gave them an extension, they lost no money". And Michael should say, "but Mr. Mayor, now the pricks don't want to give it back and my back is up against the wall, my people deserve to get their money back.  Then quite possibly the Mayors office would hold  payment to the greedy owners or pressure them "TO GIVE IT BACK". 

worker341

Well stated. The main words you wrote is Greedy contractors. Give all our money back to us Neil. You banked enough money on our backs.

Rock Steady

I will not settle for anything but all my money back . . . . PERIOD !   he can haggle a BIT with the overtime or double days, fine. But I want all my accrual and holidays back. I'm hearing our union reps say things like, "Baby steps". Or. "we need to crawl before we can walk". . . . . BULLSHIT ! Our money didn't crawl away from us using baby steps, it was cut right out from us and we were told to vote this way. I know I said this before, if I don't get my money back the entire slate can go to hell. If Bugs Bunny runs for Union President he's got my vote.

PROUD MEMBER

Who was and when did this Union Rep say "we need to crawl before we can walk?"

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on June 11, 2015, 02:27:53 AM
I will not settle for anything but all my money back . . . . PERIOD !   he can haggle a BIT with the overtime or double days, fine. But I want all my accrual and holidays back. I'm hearing our union reps say things like, "Baby steps". Or. "we need to crawl before we can walk". . . . . BULLSHIT ! Our money didn't crawl away from us using baby steps, it was cut right out from us and we were told to vote this way. I know I said this before, if I don't get my money back the entire slate can go to hell. If Bugs Bunny runs for Union President he's got my vote.

I agree with you except for one thing ... I want double days back too, and there's no reason we shouldn't get it. Yes, we should be grateful that we got another 3 years but so should HE. He didn't do it for us and he got the extension in the amount that he did because of what he says he gives US. But some of what he says he gives us he's been keeping himself. Time to right this wrong.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

What about the overtime after 10 hours? Correct me if I'm wrong but I was always under the impression that in Neil's contract with the City that he gets X amount of dollars for overtime. If true why shouldn't we get overtime pay when we work it instead of him just putting it in his pocket?

yabba

also lets not forget how many year without a raise   

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 09, 2015, 11:31:33 AM
Has Neil officially signed with the City yet? If not when? If yes have we started negotiations yet?

Ernie said this morning that Goldstein of OPT has not even sent Neil the contract yet so it's not Neil holding up the works.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

I second rock steady and also the add on by Buzz, when negotiations finally  start.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.