contract????

Started by yabba, July 22, 2015, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

any word on as to when neil and 1181 plan on getting together   

Buzz

Neil just signed contract with DOE a week ago Friday, waiting for his signed copy back from corporate council.

Tentative date for first talks with 1181 is August 4.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

gigi11744

Need tentative date for the strike...cause nothing comin our way

hognol

I could not agree with you more gigi.  Neil's profits are probably at an all time high.  He simply does not care about his employees.

Buzz

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't be so quick to see "strike" as a foregone conclusion without even having given the collaborative bargaining process a chance.

rc1790

It is collective bargaining. Us trying to bargain, and the owner collecting our money.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on July 29, 2015, 12:31:52 AM
It is collective bargaining. Us trying to bargain, and the owner collecting our money.

LOL! Very good!  :rotfl:

Grrr

Bad contracts, loss of money, loss of perks, lousy medical, reduced retiree medical benefits, no increase in pension for 6 years,  DOL lawsuits,  loss of membership, industry in ashes, EPP gone.  Place is a mess.

interman

I thought they were going to start negotiations on the 4th of August, what is happening here. :crazy: :crazy:

John Eadicicco

I Do NOT believe that the EPP is in play anymore with the simple fact that 1181 decided to negotiate SEPARATE contracts with multiple companies. If it is reinstated our jobs will be protected but Benefits including PAY will NOT! Until we negotiate all contracts as one, WE LOSE! Neil has GAINED immense power over his employees with the last contract that we took on the chin. What next?

worker341

This is what I think we should do and again what only I think we should do if there are no talks with Neil being done a day before we go back to work or sooner. We then pull a wildcat strike the first day of school. Maybe then the Mayor, the Union, and  Neil will know we mean business.

John Eadicicco

The ONLY thing we will hear from 1181 on negotiations is....................

Goose623

And u also thought and wrote in April that pioneer would be closed in 2 months......

Rock Steady

People, lets wake up. They dropped the ball from the beginning. All that is being done now is a struggle for survival. The boys on Woodhaven Blvd will always have their fat pay checks even if they have to organize the Uber cabs to keep their 150,000 or 250,000 dollar pay checks while we lose everything. With the latest development, now I'm getting scared. For a while I was confident things would come our way, but that's lost now. Things keep getting better for the boys on Woodhaven Blvd, while we're told, "your gonna lose money and maybe benefits but be happy you have a job". If that's even close to being true, 1181 your dead to me. Nobody wants another strike including me, but if it means giving up more of what we earned or worked for than so be it. Lets go down fighting. I'd rather fight with my head high than bow down with my head between my legs like a coward. Listen 1181, if you're reading this if I don't get my stuff back or if I'm gonna lose more youre done to me, don't ask me to make a meeting because you need my support because its not gonna happen. YOUR DONE !

hognol

Rock Steady, what is the latest development you mentioned?

gigi11744

Don't hold your breath on that answer hognol