Phase 2

Started by yabba, March 19, 2020, 01:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

now on to the next major question.... our june 15 wage accurals should be gauranteed ...at the very least pro rated to april 20th if at that point we no longer get paid.... and hopefully we can get a answer as to what will happen after april 20.....also can we collect UE for easter week being that check will be an Accural and  not a pay check...

Buzz

I had the same questions and asked Ernie ... just waiting for somebody to ask.

Too early to tell about the summer accrual yet. "Let's get to April 20 first."

So far its a "No" for unemployment for Easter week.

Now, this part is strictly MY opinion:

1) I THINK we'll be okay after the 20th whether it means going back to work or continuing  with the 85%.

2) If that's true, we should see accrual accordingly.

3) As to the unemployment Easter week ...  It would be risky and put future payments in jeopardy because the state is well aware that we're getting paid to the 20th ... yeah, we call it "accrual" but it's too front and center to take that chance.

Again, the above 3 sentences are just me thinking out loud.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

im thinking the same  :thumbup:

PROUD MEMBER

Have to disagree with you on Easter week. The "accrual" check that we receive the week before Easter week has nothing to do with the "lack of work" during Easter week. It is time/money that we accrued  as per our contract leading up to that week.

wheresmymoney!

Anyone know if the Easter accrual check is a live check or direct deposit???? Hoping its direct deposit???

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 19, 2020, 08:32:58 PM
Have to disagree with you on Easter week. The "accrual" check that we receive the week before Easter week has nothing to do with the "lack of work" during Easter week. It is time/money that we accrued  as per our contract leading up to that week.

Yes, but your realize why it's called "accrual," right?

As I said, "So far it's a 'No.'" .... Could change by then and very well may. Ernie did not preclude the possibility, just said that for now he would say no.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on March 19, 2020, 09:05:10 PM
Anyone know if the Easter accrual check is a live check or direct deposit???? Hoping its direct deposit???

The office is encouraging everybody to change to direct deposit. Email Pioneer@pioneerbus.com and they'll tell you what you have to do.

PROUD MEMBER

I've had direct deposit for years but my accrual checks are always live checks. Wheresmymoney is asking if the accrual checks can be made to direct deposit. As far as the why it's called accrual was I realize what it means. It's the accumulation of money that I made over time. In this case it's the amount of money that according to our contract we will have accumulated by the second week of April. Just like according to our contract you will accrue another 4 weeks of pay by the 2nd week of June. So according to ur April accrual week logic than I would assume at the end of the school year that you are not going to claim unemployment for the first 4 weeks.

Buzz

For the 3rd time, I am NOT saying we are definitely not going to get it. We very well may.

Where on your check do you see a deduction for "accrual?" You didn't "accrue" anything. C'mon, you're smarter than that. It's all about appearances.

Summer is the not the unusual situation that we find ourselves in now, and I can understand how it might be considered suspect. Nothing is written in stone yet, it was just an initial response from Ernie and you know that can change.  ;D

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 19, 2020, 10:32:32 PM
I've had direct deposit for years but my accrual checks are always live checks. Wheresmymoney is asking if the accrual checks can be made to direct deposit.

I will try to get an answer on that tomorrow.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz

PROUD MEMBER

Well I hope that's not true!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 20, 2020, 10:43:20 AM
Well I hope that's not true!

Umm ... you're the one that told me!

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I NEVER told you that. And you should be careful how you word things. By reading your last post you are insinuating that my Delegate is deliberately not answering my phone calls. As I said I hope that's not true. And I doubt that that's true. Maybe he's getting a thousand phone calls a day and maybe he's to busy or maybe he's just tired. Furthermore with regards to our current situation yesterday was the first time a called and left a message for Ernie. And please do me a favor don't come back with your Standard Response that I'm to serious. I'm always serious about the livelihood of all of us and our families.