covid numbers

Started by yabba, October 29, 2020, 10:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

numbers are kind of scary again... at this rate looks like we might only have a few weeks before a complete  lockdown... and the crazy part is the  schools numbers are surprisingly very good

Buzz

Not too bad ... 7 day average positive as of yesterday only 1.4%.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Mayor said 1.9 today at his conference.  I did notice the advance reporting 32 new cases but nys COVID tracker has over a 100 for Staten Island    Seems to be different reporting

Buzz

This was as of yesterday ... he might have more up to date info.

Source: https://forward.ny.gov/percentage-positive-results-region-dashboard

Buzz

Buzz

Holy crap! Montana and Nebraska at 22%! S. Dakota and Idaho not far behind.

wheresmymoney!

Its bcz these stupid parents are not complying!

yabba

NJ and Conn are rising also but not that high...lol.. if you look at the big map its not looking promising.. i also notice my bus has been less and less every week,not that there was many to begin with,,

Hammer2161

Unfortunately I think it's a combination of a lot of things. Non compliance is surely a major factor but the Jewish Holidays didn't help and neither is the political rallies that are taking place all over. Along with people getting out to vote and now our holidays are knocking on our door. It for sure is not looking good long term, as we all have seen more and more schools are closing even if just for a day. Ridership on the buses is terrible and I think OPT is looking at that and if they fail to get a significant up tick in kids actually registering for hybrid learning by Nov. 15th they may use it as a way to shut down..Getting the companies to agree to 43 percent should the schools shut down again would save them a lot of money. I surely hope I am wrong but it's not looking good.

Buzz

They would never shut down just because more kids don't opt in to hybrid learning. Purely based on the COVID numbers.

Hammer2161

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/new-york-on-brink-of-meeting-its-own-quarantine-list-criteria-us-smashes-daily-case-record-a-4th-time/2695867/%3famp

Based on those numbers it doesn't look good regardless of how many children are actually in the classroom. And for the first time it looks like the numbers here on Staten Island are seeing some kind of spike.