Are the buses prepared?

Started by sbdriver1, September 06, 2020, 07:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on September 07, 2020, 07:38:05 PM
How come no word on the arbitration?

I posted about this a couple of days ago. UNofficially the decision was that we're supposed to get our money by Sept. 30. The union still hasn't gotten this in writing from the arbitrator yet so will not make an announcement until they do.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on September 08, 2020, 01:22:45 AM
Quote from: wheresmymoney! on September 07, 2020, 07:38:05 PM
How come no word on the arbitration?

I posted about this a couple of days ago. UNofficially the decision was that we're supposed to get our money by Sept. 30. The union still hasn't gotten this in writing from the arbitrator yet so will not make an announcement until they do.

Interesting article with bus visuals
https://www.wsj.com/articles/think-reopening-schools-is-tough-what-about-school-buses-11599471000?reflink=share_mobilewebshare

wheresmymoney!

It would be nice to hear from the powers that be so we know some relief is really coming.

Hammer2161

I am for sure not the powers that be but I had to go to the yard earlier and although there's enough plexiglass in the offices and a nice new room for the shop steward it wasn't apparent that anything had been done for us drivers. 13 days from the potential start of school and hopefully work and you guessed it NOTHING. Not sure what they are waiting for but for my money it doesn't look like we will be getting much in the way of safety. Truly insane!!!!

OMG

Well then they leave us no other choice. Our safety is in our hands. You guys want to buy a shower curtain or something to put around your drivers compartment go ahead and do it. When it comes to picking up and dropping off the children, on pick up, I will pass my group of kids by at least a bus Length, then I will get out and allow them to board. Doing the same at drop off at the schools, I will be the first one out, then walk away and then get in and inspect the bus when they all have disembarked. I don't want to hear anything about violations or anything remotely relating to violations or fire hazards or anything like that, no one is responsible for keeping me safe but me just as long as I do my job.

Hammer2161

Unfortunately it looks like it will be up to us if we make it back to work on the 21st. But as of this afternoon no news on the updated runs or safety guidelines from the BOE OR DUMBLASIO.

WigWag16

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 08, 2020, 10:16:27 PM
I am for sure not the powers that be but I had to go to the yard earlier and although there's enough plexiglass in the offices and a nice new room for the shop steward it wasn't apparent that anything had been done for us drivers. 13 days from the potential start of school and hopefully work and you guessed it NOTHING. Not sure what they are waiting for but for my money it doesn't look like we will be getting much in the way of safety. Truly insane!!!!

I'm telling you it's going to be here's your masks(for students), gloves and Lysol for yourself oh and you'll have to supply your own mask for yourself....from what I was told at my refresher they need OPT permission to install plexiglass/curtains on buses or it will
Be a violations....

OMG

I personally am not waiting for permission to keep myself safe, as far as I'm concerned I don't need permission. And may God  be my witness, if I get a violation or I'm harassed by a inspector I'm gonna take the violation and shove it down his throat then I'll bring it to the office and have them pay it, because I'm not paying a damn dime to keep myself safe or taking precautions to keep myself safe.I have a cousin in Jersey who is been on a respirator for the past three weeks, and he's only 51 years old.

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on September 08, 2020, 10:30:21 PM
Well then they leave us no other choice. Our safety is in our hands. You guys want to buy a shower curtain or something to put around your drivers compartment go ahead and do it. When it comes to picking up and dropping off the children, on pick up, I will pass my group of kids by at least a bus Length, then I will get out and allow them to board. Doing the same at drop off at the schools, I will be the first one out, then walk away and then get in and inspect the bus when they all have disembarked. I don't want to hear anything about violations or anything remotely relating to violations or fire hazards or anything like that, no one is responsible for keeping me safe but me just as long as I do my job.

Quitting might be more honorable than getting fired. Sorry but you're asking for it.

wheresmymoney!

Just make sure you have your mask on and the kids have them on and use  hand sanitizer i think we will be fine with those precautions in place.

Hammer2161

That's basically all that the drivers and matrons can do if they work on vans especially wheel chair runs. I know doing wheel chairs was my choice and I understand the situation I will be stepping back into should we return to work.

But I agree with Buzz if the safety precautions the BOE and Pioneer put in place are not to your standards then retiring or stepping down may be better then potentially getting yourself fired.

In the end you need to be comfortable with the situation as it it presented to you. But I would not think there will be much tolerance for a total disregard for the regulations set forth.

Do as you wish but be man or woman enough to own your own shit (choices). Because I would believe there will be consequences.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 09, 2020, 02:20:32 AM
In the end you need to be comfortable with the situation as it it presented to you. But I would not think there will be much tolerance for a total disregard for the regulations set forth.

And getting off the bus while kids are loading/unloading will get him suspended if not decertified.

OMG

Yeah, well I'll turn my tires and pump the air out to some what cover my ass. But just like the teachers and everyone in our dispatch office surrounded in plexiglass including Neal, I'd like to feel safe.