Are you getting Pioneer emails?

Started by Buzz, October 08, 2020, 05:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faceit

It's time for the union to step up!!! And start protecting the members
All lives matter

Buzz

What's perplexing to me is that the DOE did not mandate reporting of COVID cases or temperature checks of drivers and matrons the same way they did for schools.

There is probably nobody that the kids come closer to all day than when they pass us getting on or off the bus. Makes no sense, but then, little that they do, does.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

sbdriver1

Quote from: Buzz on October 09, 2020, 04:58:43 PM
Quote from: sbdriver1 on October 09, 2020, 04:39:21 PM
They don't have to mention names but they should tell us when people test positive. I guess they're afraid there will be people will afraid to come to work

Pretty useless info without names. How would someone know if they came in contact with that person?
It might be embarrasing to the person and he or she will be shunned. What happened to taking temperatures when people report to work? also Pioneer is opening itself to some lawsuit when people really get sick because of their lack of protecting it's workers.

Hammer2161

To hell with embarrassment we are talking about a sickness that potentially kills people. I am sorry but for my money nothing and I mean absolutely nothing is being done by Pioneer or 1181 to ensure the safety of its drivers and attendants. And that is simply a damn disgrace. I would love to know how much of that 83 million the city agreed to pay came Pioneers way. Because Pioneer surely isn't doing a damn thing with it.

All I hear is birdies chirping when it comes to this damn virus and us working. I just pray that nothing truly bad happens before either Pioneer or 1181 listens to our concerns.

WigWag16

There shouldn't be anything to be embarrassed or ashamed of for the person to be shunned. Person got sick and they need to recover. The company needs to let us know and not for nothing if the company isn't doing the due diligence then the person should step up let us know. Again nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed. Every company I know let's them know who got positive so the other members could get tested incase or at least let them know. Pioneer has yet to tell us anything in both situations and I'm sorry but chirping around the yard doesn't do it for me. 

Buzz

From what I read a person is no longer contagious after 10 days of the onset of symptoms and at least 3 days of no fever, so I don't think a person need be shunned longer than that.

However, although not contagious, some people may not test negative for up to 3 months.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

faceit

We are on our own people no support or help from either side.. just excuses you should be used to it by now.. it's a fucking shame!!!!!
All lives matter

Hammer2161

The birdies are chirping looks like a matron tested positive at Pioneer. Let's see how they get around not notifying us about this one.

Starting to get out of control.

OMG

OK, two things. When our union guys a question about it, all you hear is," what do you want me to do". But on a better note, hasn't it been really nice and calm around the yard the last week or so? No stress, everyone doing their job. The whole atmosphere around the yard has been very calming. Why?

Hammer2161

I get what your insinuating but that doesn't fix the lack of communication we are receiving. I just don't understand why no one is concerned about the possible fall out from this at the yard. Does it really have to come to someone notifying the city about the lack of safety protocols at Pioneer. I for one am truly fed up at this point and I am looking for answers. If we are unable to trust Pioneer to inform us when there are cases at the yard this can truly get out of hand and very quickly if we are not careful.

TOTALLY FRUSTRATED AT THIS POINT !!!!

Some drivers on here should just stay home!!