Election Day and Other Holidays

Started by Buzz, October 23, 2020, 07:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Being this is such a fucked up year, I questioned whether those working non-public schools on Election Day would get the additional 4 hours pay. Other years, schools were open with no kids and no classes. This year, there will be classes, though 100% remote.

Ernie checked into it and here you go:

Those working Election Day (and other holidays) who were hired before 2013 will get the additional 4 hours pay. Those hired from 2013 on will get a day's pay only, if working.

If you don't have a school that is getting service on that or any other holiday, you do not have to report to work and will get paid if hired before 2013. Those hired from 2013 on who do not work don't get holidays and will not be paid for the day.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

If I remember correctly we used to get 8 hours pay if you had both a morning and afternoon run on a holiday where you had to work. Something else we lost when we went on strike lol.

faceit

I remember when we got 8hrs pay even if you only had just an AM or PM
All lives matter

Buzz

Those were the good old days.

It's been only 4 hours since the strike.

I am very confident that Ernie is giving wrong information, again.   

WigWag16

Last year whenever I worked just my Jewish school in the PM I got 8 hours.....

Hammer2161

Wig if you got 8 hours last year it was a mistake lol. I do catholic schools and myself and plenty of others have only gotten 4 hours since the strike. So I would keep that under your hat lol.

PROUD MEMBER

I believe WigWig16 is a "new hire" so when he says that when the public schools were closed and he did a Jewish school in the p.m. only and got paid eight hours he means that he got a day's pay, not an extra eight hours.

WigWag16

Lol sorry it's been a long day...yes new hire and I only got a days pay of 8 hours not 4 hours or an extra 4

yabba

more money for the contractors and less for us    :thumbup: :thumbup:

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on October 24, 2020, 11:11:34 AM
more money for the contractors and less for us    :thumbup: :thumbup:

To the best of my knowledge, they don't get paid extra for those days. And they don't get paid for the public school runs that don't go out.