Tomorrow and Next Week

Started by Buzz, November 20, 2020, 01:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

As per our union delegate:

If you are not working tomorrow, you do NOT have to take your bus out. Fill out the card, put it in the p.m. rack and leave.

For next week ... and this gets a little confusing:

If you are working you get 100% for the entire week* for those hired before 2013. (See below.)
If you don't work you don't have to come in and will get 85% for Monday through Wednesday, but will get 100% for Thursday and Friday.

For those hired from 2013 on you will get 100% for Monday through Wednesday if working, 85% if not.  If you have 1 - 3 years in, 100% for Thursday
and 85% for Friday
. For those with 4 years or more, 100% both days.

*If you are not working and would rather work and get 100%, you will be asked IN SENIORITY ORDER if you want to work and will be HANDED A RUN. There will be no pick. If there are no more open runs for people who want to work to cover, you will be given the run of the bottom-most driver whose run is working. You will not be paid extra ... just the 100% instead of 85%.

This is for next week only. What will be the ensuing weeks has not yet been determined.

Just heard from Ernie again ... the issue of those with 1 to 3 years getting 85% for Friday is still under consideration.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

LMR

WigWag16

Thanks Buzz! We still get 100 percent for tomorrow if we don't go out ?

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on November 20, 2020, 04:28:37 AM
Thanks Buzz! We still get 100 percent for tomorrow if we don't go out ?

Yes.

It should be noted that newer people will be getting 85% if not working next week although they are not actually entitled to it under their contract ... nor are some entitled to it Friday. You can thank Neil and Ernie for coming to that agreement.

Hammer2161

Hey Buzz,

Also I spoke to Andrew this morning the picking of a run if you are not working doesn't go into affect until the Monday after Thanksgiving from what I was told. And that is only if Catholic Jewish and Charter schools are still open.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 20, 2020, 11:44:35 AM
Hey Buzz,
Also I spoke to Andrew this morning the picking of a run if you are not working doesn't go into affect until the Monday after Thanksgiving from what I was told. And that is only if Catholic Jewish and Charter schools are still open.

Yes, I know that. What I posted above is EXACTLY what Ernie told me only moments before I posted it. I know Andy was telling people it's for the week after next ... perhaps he is under the assumption (probably correctly) that people wouldn't want to work for an en extra 15% for only 3 days next week. It's also possible that there just wouldn't be enough time to see or otherwise contact everybody he needed to in order to establish who would be working this coming Monday.

The week after Thanksgiving week it will probably come down to either working or going on unemployment ... a bigger difference than 15% ... though, as I indicated above, Ernie said the week after next is still under discussion and told me not to post anything about that week until it's definite.

And of course it's only if non-public schools stay open ... which I doubt will be for much longer.

WigWag16

Hey Buzz....next week if you only have a PM we still gotta come in the AM to pick the bus up or can we grab it in the PM?

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on November 20, 2020, 03:49:28 PM
Hey Buzz....next week if you only have a PM we still gotta come in the AM to pick the bus up or can we grab it in the PM?

According to the office you do not have to come in until the afternoon.

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on November 20, 2020, 04:29:41 PM
Well ain't that some BS lol....false hope that was

I agree with you. Don't know why they put it out there in the first place. But truthfully, for those from 2013 on, they do not have to pay Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday either. (Hope that doesn't change!!)

PROUD MEMBER

But guys with 1-3 years WILL STILL be getting paid for Thanksgiving Day???

WigWag16

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 20, 2020, 05:44:51 PM

Yes

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 20, 2020, 05:44:51 PM

Yes. Thanksgiving Day is actually the only day next week they're guaranteed by contract.

Buzz

Just heard from Ernie again ... the issue of those with 1 to 3 years getting 85% for Friday is still under consideration.

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on November 20, 2020, 07:39:39 PM

<font color=\"red\"> Just heard from Ernie again ... the issue of those with 1 to 3 years getting 85% for Friday is still under consideration. </font>

👏🏼