Bus Paras

Started by sbdriver1, May 13, 2021, 12:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbdriver1

I have a question maybe someone can answer in regards to bus paras. Are we allowed to take the para back to his or her car in the PM if the child they went to school with in the AM went home with the parents?

faceit

I'm pretty sure if you picked them up in the morning you have to get them back to where you picked them up
All lives matter

sbdriver1

Buzz

I don't know that there's any rule that says it's our responsibility to get the para back to their car, and while it seems the decent thing to do, I would get permission from dispatch before doing so ... just to cover my own ass in taking an adult on the bus who ... without the kid ... doesn't really belong there. Just my humble opinion.

(With the DOE you just can't assume that doing the right thing is the right thing to do ... LOL)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I agree with Buzz, never assume. If you can't take the kid on the bus without a Para it stands to reason there's a good chance that you can't take the Para on the bus without the kid.

Golfnut

I would definitely ask the office this one ! It may be an Insurance thing . God Forbid you get into an accident and there is a Bus Para with no Kid that may cause a problem . Just my 2 cents ....