Time Theft Email

Started by Buzz, January 07, 2021, 09:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Soooo .. what do you think of today's email?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

What is it about.   There is a list of schools closed.   A large list

TheKid24

Hammer2161

Not sure it's sneaky I think it's more of a direct message. It basically doesn't apply to most drivers as long as you have one school open be it am or pm. And I kind of recall even before the letter drivers being advised not to just take their bus out if they know their schools are closed. I doubt they have enough work for everyone who potentially doesn't have a school to service. I am curious as to what they will do with drivers who have no work to cover.
And if after receiving that letter a driver still decides not to tell them he has no Schools to cover then it is on them.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 07, 2021, 10:30:35 PM

Did you not get the email?

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on January 08, 2021, 01:06:51 AM

I seen it posted on other site.   

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 08, 2021, 02:02:52 AM
Quote from: Buzz on January 08, 2021, 01:06:51 AM

I seen it posted on other site.

You're not signed up to get the company emails?

sbdriver1

It is sneaky. It should of been posted on the window. Not everyone checks e mails on a regular basis.

Buzz

By the way, for whomever needs to know, I got this explanation from Andy regarding additional pay:

If your run is not working at all for an entire week and you are given other work you will NOT receive additional pay.

However, for legacy drivers only, if you work your own run even 1 day in a given week and all your schools are closed the other days, and are given other work, you WILL be paid the usual run coverage pay.

Hammer2161

And if they posted it on the window and didn't send an email to everyone people would say it's not official. There is no way they are going to make everyone happy.

Drivers don't even take the time to read the list of schools posted daily that are closed. I mean seriously do you listen to the radio in the morning it's the same drivers asking about the same schools that have in fact been closed since we returned to work.

I am sorry but drivers that have been just taking their buses out and driving around knowing their schools were closed surely knew exactly what they were doing. Listen if your going to put your big boy pants on and knowingly do things you know you shouldn't then be a big boy when you get caught.

I know for a fact in this very forum that drivers have been advised to not just take their bus and leave without first checking to insure their schools were open.

We all know that this year has sucked for many of us if not all of us. But I urge all of us not to give them anymore ammunition to make things even worse. We get paid pretty well for what we do and I for one do not care to lose said income.