pick

Started by yabba, September 25, 2019, 03:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

any word on the pick...next week is october

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on September 25, 2019, 03:31:49 PM
any word on the pick...next week is october

No dates set yet and I doubt we'll hear anything this week due to the convention.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Unfortunately it appears when the pick is going to be is the least of our worries

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 29, 2019, 12:07:24 AM
Unfortunately it appears when the pick is going to be is the least of our worries

What makes you say that?

PROUD MEMBER

Apparently Michael and the Trustees (not the Our Board) have voted on and agreed to let retirees come back to work either part or full time while still collecting their pensions. I don't know the specifics such as wage or if the retirees and owners will be paying into Our Funds but regardless of what it is, in my opinion no matter what this is not a good thing for any of us and the future of this Local. Once I get the specifics I will be calling Michael.

Buzz

WTF?  If that's true, I'll retire and come back to work.

PROUD MEMBER

My thoughts exactly

Eucerin

Rather be able to take a lump sum percentage out of my pension contributions....

rc1790

Sounds good. They shouldn't keep their seniority after retiring. A lot of good no trip runs would open up and they would do trips. LOL

yabba

none of this would surprise me.... right now everyone is blinded by making money... there will be no new hires to fund our pensions in the future...the writing is on the wall...  ...its sad,.. we need a pick now so our members who runs were added onto can pick new runs...its senority something that is going out the door also...wake up people and  look what is happening...the boss is a trustee and can care less about our pension..he just wants his work covered... let go back to the basics and pick a run and worry about your run...let him worry about the runs with no drivers...let stand as one again not divided like we are.. if the bosses choose to throw back work,which i dont see happening ..but if they do then we have a good 1181 organizing team to handle that...

Buzz

hideout

Any update on the pick we are already into October. A lot not happy that there wasn't a pick in August. Senior guys waiting to pick!!!

Buzz

Just checked with Ernie, still no dates for the pick.

If you ask me, this should have been done at the  same time it was determined there would be no pick in August.

Then again, nobody asked me.  :shrug:

yabba

stop wasting time and lets pick....  a lot of senior drivers doing charter late schools..