Newer Drivers: Did You Get Your Raise???

Started by Buzz, August 03, 2023, 10:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I'm hearing that newer drivers did not get the step raise that was due them on July 1. Can anyone confirm?

(I highlighted the example they gave in the MOA)

raises 2.jpg
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Bussin4Livin

No we did not. I didn't ask about it cause I figured no contract no raise and whenever the contract gets done it may be retro pay

Buzz

Quote from: Bussin4Livin on August 04, 2023, 01:45:56 AMNo we did not. I didn't ask about it cause I figured no contract no raise and whenever the contract gets done it may be retro pay

No contract? BULLSHIT! The old contract stays in effect until and unless it is superseded by a new one! Speak up, my friend. You are due a raise! Talk to Bobby Hearn, Anthony or whatever union rep you have to in order to get this corrected. Keep us posted!!

Bussin4Livin

I agree BUT there's no salary figure that goes past our current salary raise from last year. I heard someone asked and thats what they were told. No contract no raise likely retro when we get a new deal.

PROUD MEMBER

If you don't DEMAND obviously from the owner's standpoint you're not going to get it. All new divers that are currently working summer school that did not get their appropriate wage increase as of July 1st, 2023 should get together and talk to Anthony. I'm not working and this is the first I'm hearing of this and I believe Anthony was off the first half of the summer. If you're entitled to an increase I'm sure Anthony will take the necessary measures.

Buzz

Quote from: Bussin4Livin on August 04, 2023, 02:51:14 PMI agree BUT there's no salary figure that goes past our current salary raise from last year. I heard someone asked and thats what they were told. No contract no raise likely retro when we get a new deal.

Well, listen ... maybe I'm interpreting the chart incorrectly. But for instance, it would seem to me that somebody who is now here 6 years and has been making $27.43 since July 1 of last year should be making $28.52 as of July 1 of THIS year ... and so on down the line. It makes no sense that the guy should be making the same as he did a year ago. (Doesn't apply to senior men who DO have to wait for a new contract to see a raise.)

I think being Anthony is back that you should ask him about it YOURSELF and let him check into whether you should have gotten a raise last month. LET US KNOW WHAT THE OUTCOME IS!!