back pay part 4 - THE SAGA CONTINUES

Started by Buzz, January 17, 2014, 11:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Lawyers for the contractors have requested a 10-day extension to deliver the checks to the NLRB. The union objected, but whether it will be granted is not yet known.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

rc1790

The union should request that the terms of the old contract be followed due to the contractors defiance to follow the nlrb mandate. We are following changes that were implemented against us.
Sounds like an unfair labor practice.

PROUD MEMBER

I can only say two things. Why didn't they ask for a 100 day extension? But seriously I would assume and hope the NLRB will deny their request. For the simple reason if that request was made today (which I am assuming) it shows the contractors have no regard for the NLRB. If the checks were do to be delivered today how could someone request an extension today. That does not give the NLRB anytime before the due date to review the extension request. Which automatically puts the contractors in defiance. Does anyone know if the extension request was made today or yesterday?

John Eadicicco

The wheels on the bus go round, round, round!

yabba

shame on us...im done with all these games ..there is no hope for getting anything back on this job,we will continued to be played with like we have for the past several years...the only chance we have is comes in the up coming elections and put all new blood in and cross our fingers..im tired of hearing there is really nothing we can do...lets try something anything even if its little and it dont work lets try.. get all the drivers out of the office,they dont belong in there...look and see who is covering all the work,dont give me the $hit they get paid,$$ is not the point,the point is he cant keep drivers at 14.00 an hour they are quiting and not looking for the job so make it hard for him to get his work covered...but no we say one thing and do another...but again SHAME ON US!!!!  the stench  is so bad we better chip in and get a septic cleaning truck at 2890 and woodhaven blvd...

Rock Steady

Lets all show up at the yard on Tuesday after our a.m. run and talk about it for six hours and possibly run late on the SIE going back to our schools on the other side of the island.  Lets jam up the AK yard, it's legal.

yabba

Rocksteady the chiefs will be out there directing traffic before going and covering pm runs. 

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 18, 2014, 01:00:44 PM
...the only chance we have is comes in the up coming elections and put all new blood in and cross our fingers..im tired of hearing there is really nothing we can do...lets try something anything even if its little and it dont work lets try ... but again SHAME ON US!!!!  the stench  is so bad we better chip in and get a septic cleaning truck at 2890 and woodhaven blvd...

People wanting to "clean up" the local several years ago is what brought us to where we are now ... a local with no muscle. Cleaning up again would similarly work against us this time. Michael's ties with city hall, Hanley and the DOE is all we have going for us right now. I would not chance the future of the union ... or our pensions ... to anyone with less experience or knowledge. We may not be the union of old, but we would be a lot worse off to change horses amidst the turmoil that the industry is in now. Of course, it's just MY opinion.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
As far as me analyzing everything you are probably correct. I am just concerned obviously for the safety of the children and our jobs. Even though Bloomberg is no longer Mayor he and others are still around and would not hesitate to throw us under the bus. So I feel we should be very careful of what we say & do because even if your not doing anything wrong if it can be perceived that you were that's how it will be taken. The last thing Local 1181 needs is negative attention. As far as our current leadership goes I would have to agree with you. I personally would rather have Sal & his EB but under the circumstances of this past year Michael & his EB are holding their own. Again this is my opinion only and I don't think a change at this time would be prosperous to this membership. Having said that and I understand with the pay back & master pick issues obviously being at the top of the Agenda has Anyone heard Anything with regards to talks with Mayor deBlasio's office about the EPP? After all the clock is ticking!!!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 18, 2014, 08:04:53 PM
Buzz
As far as me analyzing everything you are probably correct. I am just concerned obviously for the safety of the children and our jobs. Even though Bloomberg is no longer Mayor he and others are still around and would not hesitate to throw us under the bus. So I feel we should be very careful of what we say & do because even if your not doing anything wrong if it can be perceived that you were that's how it will be taken. The last thing Local 1181 needs is negative attention.

LOL! You just can't help yourself, can you?  ;D   ;D   ;D

PROUD MEMBER

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. HELP MYSELF, my family & all of our Brothers & Sisters and their families.

yabba

please tell me one positive thing 1181 has done for us in the past 2 years...i must be missing something...

PROUD MEMBER

ONE THING POSITIVE and it may not be as good as it was but our current contract is better than "The Best & Final Offer" that was imposed on us. Local 1181 reps could have just gave up and we would still been working under that contract. Oh and by the way we wouldn't be waiting for back pay either.  SO I GUESS THAT'S TWO THINGS. Don't get me wrong I am not 100% satisfied with things but obviously when things go wrong we always look to blame the people on top. No matter who those people may be at the time. Regardless all kidding aside you asked for one positive thing and I gave you two. Keep the faith & lets stick together.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 18, 2014, 10:15:58 PM
please tell me one positive thing 1181 has done for us in the past 2 years...i must be missing something...

Look, if you want to blame the union for the shambles Bloomberg left this industry in, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. They're left with the non-glorious task of trying to keep us from succumbing to the devastation he left behind.

If you think it's the current EB's fault that a few years ago some of our disgruntled members led a relentless pursuit to rid our union of the very influence that made us strong, that's your prerogative. Now they have to do things by the books, and we expect miracles.

If you feel that anybody has better connections and has made more inroads towards getting us some form of EPP back, well, you're entitled to your feelings. Nobody has a better chance of getting this done before it's too late than Michael.

If you say you want a whole new slate of inexperienced people who would have no idea where to begin during the worst time in our local's history in the last 40 years, I can't tell you what to do with your vote. But if you think things are bad now, as Pedro says, "You ain't seen nothin' yet!"

J.T.

Lets all stop covering runs, enough is enough  ,stop helping the office no one cares about us. Especially Nieil