update

Started by Andrewcappa, August 01, 2020, 02:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrewcappa

Hey guys, I guess by now we all heard the school opening proposal by our Mayor. As of today, the BOE has not revealed any information to the school bus companies regarding what roll we will play when school does reopen, or how we will be working. The Union and the owners are still in the dark. I am waiting on word from Pioneer regarding when and where we will be having our safety classes, and as far as your yearly medicals, it's entirely your choice weather you should get it done. I hope to have some news for you in the coming weeks, as soon as I hear anything regarding our return to work I will get it out to you immediately. Hope all is well with everyone and their families, and lets all think positive.

PROUD MEMBER

Thanks Andy
Hope all is well with you and yours

LMR

Thank you for the update Andrew

Buzz

Hey Andy, good to hear from you. Heard you'll have a new office if and when we return. Stay well.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

steady

https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/nyc-is-late-on-submitting-school-reopening-plan-cuomo/

This article if accurate states that buses will be used with limited capacity of 25 students but will encourage parents to get students to school by other means.
Also indicates the policy of each student going to school 3 days one week then 2 days the 2nd week etc.  Actually states 2-3 days per week but I perceive to mean the 3 & 2 day system.
All students must wear masks. Just to remind you all it has to meet Gov. Cuomo's approval and hopefully the article is accurate.

WigWag16

There’s an elephant in the room nobody has addressed? What if by this new norm we only end up driving 4 days a week. Are We losing pay for the 5th day? How will that situation work out if we only end up driving 4 days. If they are saying a student should be in school 2-3 days a week

OMG

Shit , what did I miss, what was said ?

steady

Please understand which I believe is that nothing will change as far as MOST routes should stay the same. You would be doing the same route and stops everyday the number of students at each stop will just be reduced.  They will just be attending school on I would describe as a carousel bases.  Remember nothing is fact yet until  Governor Como says so.

Buzz

Quote from: steady on August 01, 2020, 01:14:50 PM
https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/nyc-is-late-on-submitting-school-reopening-plan-cuomo/
This article if accurate states that buses will be used with limited capacity of 25 students but will encourage parents to get students to school by other means.

That's 25% of capacity, not 25 students.

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on August 01, 2020, 02:38:11 PM
There's an elephant in the room nobody has addressed? What if by this new norm we only end up driving 4 days a week. Are We losing pay for the 5th day? How will that situation work out if we only end up driving 4 days. If they are saying a student should be in school 2-3 days a week

The way I understand it ... but who knows ... half the kids will go 3 days a week and the other half will go 2 days that same week. The following week the kids that went 3 days the previous week will go 2 days, and the ones that went 2 days will go 3. Still 5 days for us if that's the way it goes.

PROUD MEMBER

In the last couple weeks I start to see talk about busing but as far as that Post article from four or five weeks ago with regards to Gen Ed there's no direct talk about that. Hopefully it was just talk. And now as far as the " 25% of normal capacity," who knows what that means. Is it 25% of 44 kids, 66 kids or 25% of what the route says. I for one don't care what it is as long as we ALL go back to work five days a week!

steady

I read the article with my glasses on this time yes 25 %sorry lol

wheresmymoney!

It should be they cut run in half or in 3 to kake a few trips this is the time when theyre going to neeeeed our experience to get the job done!