opt back in the medical plan

Started by Andrewcappa, August 04, 2013, 05:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrewcappa

Hey, you want to know how to get back at ownership, opt back in to the medical plan. You will hit him right in the pocket. There will be a big move to try to get everyone back in when we get back to work. We do a lot of bellyaching, and rightfully so, but this is a good way to make a statement. Your talking about a lot of money, that just might get his attention. It's like playing chess, we make a move, they counter, well now is our move. Think about it.

1union

That's what we need to do so everybody who has opt out needs to get back in. we need to have a big yard meeting and spell it out for those of us that still don't get it! We need leaders like yourself and Ernie up front and fighting for us and I want you to know a lot of us are ready for battle and have your back.Can't thank you enough for keeping us posted. Remember to right everything up and when in doubt call the office let them make the call and write it on your card (make a copy of everything you right up for your on records Thiers gets lost when you need it. Thanks again Andy hope all is well with you and yours, see ya in a few weeks!

yabba

i dont think this is a good idea for the brotherhood...lets face it we are divided bigtime when it comes for brotherhood in 1181...i myself will admit i had a lot of faith in neil during the strike,and i am very dissappointed in myself for believing he was a MAN of his word..but to expect guys to take the 1181 medical that had opted out years back with 1181 approval to loose another 3000.00 on top of all the other losses we have suffered is only going to cause turmoil amongst ourselves..it already did years back when 1181 put the option in our contract and guys took advantage of it ..

hognol

Although it will hurt Neil in the pocket, drivers won't take a $3000 hit and the cost of the weekly deduction.  People tend to be "one way" in this company, especially when it involves cash.

Goose623

When people stop covering runs and start leaving at there start times is when I will opt back in. Until that happens first I will not do it. I have taking a big enough hit financially. N what's to say if I opt in that this scum bag owner will not put a target on my back. We all know what happens when they target someone. I don't think it's fair to be asking people to do this.

yabba

goose...i myself can not opt out but i do support your situation and understand where your coming from...as far as covering work that will never stop,too many office guys on this job in the past few years...first thing is everyone needs to be out of that office, ernie and andy should be the only ones in that office ...and leaving at the report time is not an answer...that is doing nothing to pioneer.if you leave 10 minutes after your report time and run late,do you think neil is reporting the lateness to opt truthfully..no way they are logging into opt saying traffic,not traffic in the yard.and that part of the opt website is public,you can see the list of late run throughout the city..take a look and see the lateness reasons..the report time thing is something i dont agree with if you see another reason im over looking of report times ill support it..

also noone should be doing charters ..the last few months of work the company made a lot of money on charters,..dont do them ,i stopped charters when in past contract we lost full days pay down to 75%..

mirrorcheck

Yabba well  said ....excellent point! I think leaving the yard early is a convenience for the driver,and the company benefits. Leaving later just makes you sit in more traffic . No way is the Golden child son Neil reporting the real reason why buses are late. He is the cities top contractor. Remember ..OPT scrapped Hundreds ofFines cause he was too cheap to get the buswash running for over 5 years. I will unconditionally support the union in whatever they decide that is approved by a true vote via a secret ballot. I am all for whatever drastic options necessary. I have Pioneer for now as my primary career. I am sick and tired of strikes and dick-tator owners leaving me and my family financially underwater, F them!
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

1union

i know its hard to take another hit but sometimes we have to do whats best for the union in general.we never ever should have let anyone out of coverage because it shows that he can hire people for less pay which is what hes doing right now.there are alot of bro n sisters that need the best coverage for there familys.the board of scumbags is picking our union apart they need to be stoped. so that being said please ask our union to come to our yard and explain why they can do whatever they want and why they let them get away with it.this whole thing is getting way out of control and we need to put a stop to it now.  oh and can anyone tell me if the union reps took that pay cut they promised or is that in appeal too.its getting late in the game if they cant help us then its time for a relief pitcher in who can.

Rock Steady

I tell ya, I wish I had the opportunity to opt back in to give management a good body shot.  We've taken more shots to the head and gut with out hitting back.  This is the opportunity of all opportunities . . . . . . I get wood just thinking about it.  Opting back in would definitely leave a mark.  He would feel this !